7. You're dead

Miliano's POV

She jumps on me with her teeth showed, and she manages to bite my shirt, making a small mark on my skin. Killian tries to calm her, but she bites his hand hard enough for him to scream. She backs away; her chest races up and down; she's pissed off.

Her eyes are dark blue, that's not the eye color she had a moment ago. Two of my warriors run inside the room; Killian probably has called them via mindlink. They grab Aleida, and I can see that they have to make an effort to hold her down.

"I'm going to kill you, you son of a bitch; you're going to pay for every little drop of blood you evoked from my parents. You understand!?" she screams so that the windows rattle.

Her eyes release angry tears. I can see her feelings inside her; they show themselves clearly over her face—anger, pain, sadness, loneliness, and grief. I can understand those feelings all too well; I want so much at that moment to run up to her to take her in my arms.

I want to hush her and persuade her that everything will be alright; I want to kiss her plump pink lips and wipe away her tears. I want to kill every son of a bitch who ever made her feel pain.

"Who were your parents?" asks Gina quietly while Aleida is still sobbing.

"Alpha Romeo and luna Clara, of the Rose moon pack," she silently responds with tears in her eyes.

Everyone in the room gasps. Aleida's parents are legends. But according to the rumors and myths circulating around them in recent years, even their only child, a little girl, died.

"That's not... That's not possible," Gina stutters.

"Well, it is!" Aleida growls.

"That would mean that you're an alpha, and you clearly aren't," Killian suddenly says, and I give him a warning glare.

"And how, Mr know-it-all, can you know that?" she snarls at him.

"Because if you were, you wouldn't have been beaten during the fight when we found you," he answers and grin. "So, little girl. If you are who you say that you are, prove it".

She takes in a deep breath before she growls;
"KNEEL!"

Everyone in the room does as she says, even I do, and I'm an alpha. I'm not supposed to react to the orders from another alpha. They all look at her with amazement.

"Gina, could you be so kind as to take a look at the rest of the hospital, please," Aleida says, awfully calm while Gina rises and walks out in the hallway; she gasps loudly and walks back inside the room.

"Well, Gina, what did you see?" Aleida asks innocently and smiles.

"Every... Everyone in the whole hospital is kneeling," she answers, terrified.

"That's what I thought," Aleida says and walks back to the hospital bed to sit down, Indian style.

"Rise," she says calmly, and we all do.

"Does that answer your question, beta?" she asks.

"Yes, but something doesn't match up. Why did he beat you in the first place?"

Aleida's POV

I am fuming right now. I don't know where all of this rage comes from. My memories of the day this pack found me, brings many angry thoughts inside me.

"I was fighting for the alpha position," I answer, and they all look shocked. "But Jonathan couldn't fight me without his precious bitch for a luna, so she attacked me at the same time. Besides, I had injuries from a few hours earlier when I had to take my punishment. Despite my injuries, I got up again and again. I had a fucking silver dagger in my stomach and a damaged leg, yet I got up!" No one dares to say a thing, and I can feel my tears well up in my eyes again.