32. Something bas is going to happen

Aleida POV

I run in the woods, looking over my shoulder all the time. Someone is behind me and will hurt me when he or she gets hold of me. I can't stop. "Run, run, my little one!" chants inside my head. I have no idea who it is telling me this; the only thing I know is that I can't stop under any circumstances. My legs ache, and my body yells at me to stop, but I can't.

"Find the little whore! She must die just like the others. I want to see her bleed to death in front of my feet!"

I'm terrified. Someone wants to kill me, and I have no idea who! There's no one I can beg or ask for help because I know no one will. In the end, I only have myself and no one else. Something swings past me and lands in the tree I just run past.

Just a few seconds go by before an unbearable pain spreads in my leg; I scream—my scream echoes over the forest. I try to get up, but someone quickly kicks me back on the ground; I turn on the ground, ending up on my back. That's when I see it. My mates stand over me with unpleasant smiles that show no mercy whatsoever.

"Why, what do you know, this fake little pussy has found her way eventually," Miliano says with a mocking tone.

Kian punches me in the face, and I can feel the taste of blood in my mouth. Why are they hurting me? I thought they love me...

"Did you really think you could escape, you slut?! You'll never get rid of us."

I can only watch them shift, and before I can react, they have me between their fangs in their mouths.

"ALEIDA! WAKE UP!"

I jump in bed and wave my arms to keep away the danger. My mates are with me, and I don't hesitate for a second to slap them and crawl into the bathroom. With a bang, the door slams closed, and I lock it in no time.

"What the hell Aleida? Why did you do that!?" Kian exclaims.

"Just leave me alone!" I scream, terrified of what they're going to do; I tremble with fear, my mates, those who promised to protect me, are now those who will kill me.

"Aleida, please, I don't know what just happened, but we can't help you if you lock yourself up. I've just replaced this door; I don't have much desire to have to do it again just because you don't want to unlock it," Kian says, frustrated.

"I can't..." I answer in a small voice.

"Why can't you, baby girl?" Miliano asks with a velvety voice.

"Because I don't know what you'll do when you get hold of me..." I answer, and they're silent for almost a whole minute before Kian talks again.

"Why do you think we'd hurt you, lepa? We love you and would do anything for you; you know that. Who or what made you start believing something else?"

They're right. It was a fucking dream! Why should I believe more in a dream that doesn't mean anything instead of my mates? It doesn't connect. My mates will never hurt me; I know that. I gently unlock the door and slowly back away. Both Miliano and Kian come into the bathroom, but instead of looking angry like I think they will, they look somewhat concerned.

"Lepa, what happened?" Kian asks.

He takes a step towards me, and unintentionally, I slide down along the wall to the floor. I don't know why I'm so afraid of them; I have no reason! Although I'm very well aware of it, there's something in the backside of my mind that tells me something completely different.

"Why are you suddenly afraid of us? Have we done something wrong or hurt you?" Miliano asks with a panicky voice, and I quickly shake my head, 'no.'