28. Lap-wolf

Aleida POV

I don't feel like showering or shift back, for that matter. I feel so carefree as a wolf; maybe I should stay like this. When I see the couch, I jump up on it and curl myself together like a dog. My mates, brothers, and friends walk through the front door, but I choose to ignore them.

"Aleida, not on the white couch!" Kian exclaims with a horrific face that makes me laugh on the inside; I don't look at them or acknowledge them; I want to be left alone.

"Are you not going to talk to either one of us?" Miliano asks me.

I continue to ignore them. Which makes my big brother Nathan growl at me. I lift my head and growl back, which makes him smile.

"So you're listening to your surroundings at least."

Kian and Miliano crouch before me with sad looks on their beautiful faces.

"Please, Aleida, can't you talk to us?"

I growl low as an answer.

"Okay, you don't have to talk. But can you at least answer some questions?"

Grunt.

"That's as good as it gets then. Can you please get down from the couch?" Kian asks.

Growl.

"No, okay... Can we get you some food?"

Growl.

"Can you at least shift back?"

Growl.

"Can you go and get a shower?"

Growl.

"Do you allow us to wash you in the backyard?"

I raise my head and look at them with confusion; my head tilts to the side.

"You have blood all over your fur..." Kian trails off.

Come on, Aleida, don't be difficult. Just agree, we stink!

I jump down from the couch with a snort and push them towards the backdoor; I sit down like a good doggie at the grass and wait for them. Miliano bring out the garden hose and wait for the right temperature.

Kian walks out of the house with soap and a pile of towels. My wolf is giant, more than a usual alpha, and very bulky with muscles.

"I'm going to start washing off the worst dirt and blood from your back now. Okay?" Miliano asks, and I just look at him, unmoving.

He sighs and cleans my back. The smell of wet dog spreads through the wind. My whole body is wet when Kian walks up to me with the soap and begins to clean me. Miliano rubs behind my ear and smile when my tongue fall out of the side of my mouth, like some dog.

What are we, Lisa? A dog or a wolf?

She just snorts at me for being disrespectful towards her instincts. Miliano smiles down at me when I begin to purr from the rubbing.

"You're such a good girl," he coos at me.

Kian begin to rinse my body from the soap. The water isn't cold but not warm; it cools my warm wolf body without making me freeze.

"Guys!" Miliano yells.

Henry, Killian, Jason, and Nathan comes out of the house. They look towards us, confused as to why they're outside.

"Grab a towel and start helping!" Kian commands.

They all walk towards me and start to dry my wet fur. I shake my body like a dog, and all of them get wet.