34. Visit of the moon goddess

Aleida POV

I'm alone in the hospital room when I wake up; I'm starting to get really tired of ending up in the hospital all the time. What poor luck do I have, seriously? My hands move automatically to my stomach. I can't feel the baby move yet; it's too early. A smile spreads across my face when I think of my little growing pup.

Thoughts about how my life within a few months will considerably improve my life floats around within me as I caress my still flat stomach. Soon it'll be a big bump that I'll carry with pride. The nagging feeling inside me that something terrible is about to happen doesn't stop bothering me.

It keeps growing inside me; my only wish is to understand why I keep feeling like this. Is it my traumas who spook me and make me afraid for no reason, or is this fear accurate to feel? I guess only time will tell; I begin to check my injuries.

My nose doesn't hurt anymore, and a scab is already forming around the wound on my head. Nothing hurts, except my heart, because I miss my mates terribly. I sniff the air to find out if they're nearby. A faint fragrance is the only thing I manage to find, and it's several hours old. I sit up in bed and press the alarm button.

Quick steps come from the hallway outside before Gina comes running into the room. When she sees that I'm okay, she let out a sigh in gratitude that nothing has happened to me.

"Good evening, luna. How are you feeling?" she asks.

"I'm fine, really. I just want to go home," I answer honestly.

"May I please check your vitals before we do anything drastic?"

I nod my head, and Gina begins her examination. She soon finds out that I'm telling the truth when I say that nothing is hurting me.

"Okay, I will release you. But I need you to promise me to take care of yourself. No heavy lifting, no running around, and absolutely no fighting!" Gina says with a stern look.

"I promise, doctor," I answer with a salute, and she smiles at me.

"Should I call the alphas?"

"No, thank you. I want to surprise my mates."

"I understand. Is there something else I can do for you before you go?"

"Yeah, you can answer one of my questions... Why's nobody in here with me?"

"Oh, that's my fault. The alphas, betas, and your brother was going beserk about you not waking up. So I decided that the best thing to do in this situation was for them to leave. You needed that rest, and they needed to calm down. It was undeniable that they couldn't relax in that room."

"Okay, thank you very much for your help."

"No worries, don't forget to come back here in two weeks to check on the baby."

"I won't."

She nods her head and heads out. I put on my clothes and walk out of the room. My body is tired, but my brain is spirited. My wolf chants that I should go to our mates, which I'm also about to do. The walk back to the packhouse is healthy, and I relax.

When I walk in through the front door, all my boys sit in the living room, discussing. No one notices me until I clear my throat. The room becomes quiet, and they look at me.

"Hi, everyone," I say, and my mates run to hug me.

"Oh, baby girl, you're alright!" Miliano sniffles at the crook of my neck.

I hug them both close and inhale their scents until my wolf calms down inside. In their arms, I'm complete. My mates, my only reason to live. They back away and look me over.