27. Protective mate

Miliano's POV

With a reluctant sigh, Kian and I leave the room. We don't like to leave our mate alone in the hospital, but we have important matters to attend to. As alphas, we're responsible for not only our mates but also our pack's safety; that's why we send invitations to every alpha in the area for a meeting, everyone except alpha Jonathan.

We have spread the word about how he treats Aleida, and now not a single one of the other alphas in the city thinks that he even has the right to call himself alpha. We walk together in silence towards the big meeting room and use our alpha auras when we open the door and step inside.

It may look childish because everyone in here is either betas or alphas. I can understand that you think this looks like a pissing contest, but our nature is to show others our power.

This territory is now mine and Kian's; we have the most authority in this part of the town, which means that we would have been fools not to use it. We're both in suits and scream power without saying a word.

"Alpha Kian and alpha Miliano, it's good to see the both of you," Godfrey says.

"The same to you, alpha Godfrey. I'm afraid that we have to chit chat later, this is an important business meeting, and it's urgent," Kian answers slowly.

"Very well."

We all sit down in our respective chairs around the long table. Besides me, Kian, and our betas, there are twelve other men in the room. Six alphas and six betas. We're not allies with everyone; that's why the aura of the room is tense.

"As you all should have heard of by now, we have met our mate, Aleida. Miliano saved her from her old pack, which alpha Jonathan has authority over," Kian says.

Loud growls echo all over the room; no one in here likes the Rose Moon pack. When Aleida's parents were alive, the pack was strong, and everyone liked them. But now, Alpha Jonathan ruins the group with his disrespect towards others and constantly breaking our ancient laws.

"We have talked about this many times before, and it's now time to take action against the Rose Moon pack. He shouldn't be allowed to control that pack when it's not his birthright, and it's pretty obvious that he's unfit for the job," I say calmly.

"And who, alpha Miliano, do you suggest take over the pack?" Morris says in a mocking tone, and I growl loudly with my beta.

"Watch it, alpha; you don't want to be on my bad side, not today when my mate is in the hospital," I answer with a glare, and he looks ashamed.

"What happened to her?" Clark asks worriedly.

All the alphas are looking at us with sympathy. When an alphas mate, his luna, is in bad condition, that affects the whole pack. The luna is like the glue that holds everything and everyone together. Every alpha in the room can understand our distress.

"It's kind of a long story..." Kian answers, defeated.

"Well, we have all day," Godfrey reply.

So we tell them everything from the beginning to the end. We leave out the stuff about Aleida's last name, heritage, parents, and other things that aren't ours to tell. That choice is up to her.

"How can we help?" Morris asks.

"Well, I had an idea that..." Kian begins.

Suddenly the door flies open, and in walks a pissed Aleida. She's using her aura without thinking about it. Let me tell you, she's freaky when she's mad! She's walking towards us with brisk steps and slaps us both over our cheeks before turning around to leave.