20. Coming closer

Aleida POV

It's been a few weeks now since I accepted both Miliano and Kian as my mates. Neither one of them was pleased about sharing, but I can't care less; they have to learn to live with it. The house we live in, which I incidentally thought was the packhouse, is actually Kian's private house.

He didn't want to live in the packhouse because the top floor is for the alpha and his luna. He explained that the room made him feel alone without his mate, and that's why he bought a house alongside living in until he found her. Now that he has me, he's ready to move into the packhouse.

However, we can't do it yet, because I force Miliano and Kian to work through a solution for both packs. They've been working on this one since I accepted both of them. In the end, with my proposal and help, they concluded that the best thing would be to merge the packs into a big one.

Both will be alpha together and decide together. When they disagree, their betas or me will help determine which option that's best in the situation. I wouldn't say that they're overjoyed to have to work together. But when I give them an ultimatum regarding the current situation, the answer is an obvious yes.

The plan is that we'll be able to move in within a few weeks. We have to wait for the renovations to finish. Since the pack increase so much in members, we're responsible for making room for everyone. A project with over forty new houses along the same street as the packhouse is right now on the way to finish.

We've also built a few cottages for the omegas in the same place as the packhouse. Kian and Miliano added a new floor in the last second inside the packhouse for the "most important" pack members to fit. It's not about a pack member is more important than anyone else, only about who with higher rank we need to have closer.

An example of such a member is Miliano's leading strategist and his family. The warriors need a place to live too. So, in the end, I'm happy with how things are moving along. Neither Kian's nor Miliano's pack know that they have a Luna yet.

We decided to wait to tell them until the chaos that surrounds us with the renovations finish. It won't hurt me. I'm closer to both Killian and Henry now; you can see them as my best friends. Jason and I talk a lot; he often tells us about his life without his little sister; we're also thicker.

Nathan comes to visit as often as possible, but since he's also an alpha with his own pack, it's not easy for him to drop everything just to be with his little sister. As for my relationship with my mates, it's okay. We haven't done anything favorable at all. They respect my wish to take things slowly, and I'm delighted.

I have successfully managed to talk about everything that has happened and has been able to process. Jonathan hasn't been seen or heard from, not that I care about him anymore; he can rot in hell, see if I care.

I devote most of my time to studying and training on my combat skills; I'm good at dealing with weapons and attacking, always been, but not as good at defending myself and my footwork is a joke. But since I have such beautiful friends, both Henry and Killian train me in their spare time.

Now they also call me a war machine. Since I've studied hard and fast enough in the last few weeks, I was able to get my degree. Three years I've been catching up in just a few months. My teacher says it depends on my intelligence; according to him, they classify me as hyperintelligent; this means that my brain works twice as fast as an ordinary one, and I can accomplish much more in considerably less time.

However, it has its side effects, and it's, among other things, that I become "brain tired" much faster. Things are finally getting clear for me! If it isn't for the bad conscience, I have about my mates. We hang out every day, but it's kind of like friends.