9. Perplexed reality

Aleida's POV

I wake up and am confused for a second; where am I? When I see Miliano's face, I instantly relax and smile. He looks so relieved and sad; I can't help myself; I take him in my arms. His tears touch my skin and make me understand a whole new description of the word "devastated."

He thought that I would give up the fight inside myself, and if I'm being honest, it was very close that I did. It was his words when he screamed at me that I had to wake up and that he loved me; that was it. I had to be with him, no matter what I had to do. So I fought like never before and actually made it through.

Whenever he touches me, I can feel the sparks move within me. I don't know where these sparks come from, and I really don't care at the moment. He's in my arms, and he's safe. My Milo is here, and he is okay. Even though I've been sleeping for a long time, I still feel tired. My mind is officially drained of energy. I don't care; all that matters right now is to make him stop crying and smile again.

"Don't cry, darling."

He looks up at me with big eyes, shocked for a moment before he begins sobbing even harder and nuzzles my neck. I know why he does that. Werewolves use their bodies to show how they feel. Anger, love, sadness, grief, anxiety, and other strong emotions get soothed when they put their heads against their mate's neck.

My scent calms him; that's why I let him sit like he do and take my smell into his nose. He slowly starts to relax in my hold, and I cradle him carefully in my arms. No one says a word; this is our moment. He sits up in his chair again and gives me a bright smile.

"So..."

"So?" I ask and look at him.

"I want to know everything about you."

"Okay? Ask away."

"What's your favorite flower?" he asks, and I smile.

"Blue roses."

"I-I didn't know they even existed," he admits shyly, and I chuckle low.

"They don't. You take white roses and color them."

"Oh, okay, what's your favorite food?"

"Hey, don't I get to ask?" I say, pouting to which he laughs at me.

"Not now, baby girl, I want to-No, I need to know everything about you."

"It's not fair," I say and keep the pout on my lips while he continues to look amused.

"Lasagna," I answer and roll my eyes.

"Do you have siblings?"

"No, I'm a single child. Well, I guess that I'm actually a single-family now," I say and look down at my hands; grief and sadness suddenly rise inside my chest.

"Hey, hey... It's okay, baby."

He takes my hand in his and gives it a small kiss before he pulls me to his lap. It's a weird sensation, not that it bothers me or anything. It's just a new feeling.

"When can I go home?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?"

"When can I go back to my pack?"

I can hear a woman gasp behind us. I look around, and just now, I see that there are two other people in the room.

"What do you mean go back? You belong here," Miliano says, looking terrified.

"But I have to go," I answer quietly and rise. I start to put on the clothes that I had on when they found me. Miliano rises and rushes up to me.

"Baby, what are you talking about? Don't leave me, please!" he exclaims, and I give him a sad look.