4. Broken down mate

Miliano's POV

I can smell her long before I see her. Me and my pack are out, running in the woods when the smell hit me. My wolf, Ryan, shouts "MATE" inside my head. I react lightning-fast and run as fast as I can. My beta runs next to me and ask:

"What's wrong, alpha?"

"Mate."

He immediately understands and uses our mindlink to inform the others about why we are running. When we come out of the woods, I see a big house and stop. The idea that my mate lives here give me the greatest happiness I've ever felt!

I have time to take two steps before the smell hits me-blood; I run towards the house, and what I see when I arrive makes me mad! I know right away when I see her that she have my heart. A man drags her over the asphalt and yells at her that big girls don't cry. Her body is full of her blood; despite her injuries, she is fighting back with the little power she has left.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I scream at him.

"She has to learn to behave," the alpha screams back.

"An alpha is supposed to protect the pack, not abuse them!" I yell and his grip around her throat gets weaker; I can see how she takes the opportunity to bite his arm.

"Ahh! Let me go, you filthy creature!"

He punch her over and over again. I rip him off, and we begin fighting. The only thing I have in my head is that I will protect her right into my last breath. Suddenly, he gets a neck punch that makes me fall back; I can hear him yelling at her to submit, and her response scares me.

"Fuck you, you son of a bitch!"

Oh, no, he's going to kill her for what she just said. I try to get up, but after I hit my head, I find it hard to do it, I'm guessing a minor concussion. Me and everyone in my pack growl when we see him throw a silver dagger right into her stomach, unfortunately; he gets in a direct hit.

The blood is flowing out of her; it shouldn't be possible to get up after all the injuries she has received; against all odds, she still stands up, and I'm flying at him. I punch his body over and over on his body, but when my beta mind links me to tell me that she ran her for life, I throw him into the ground and run after her towards the forest.

She's completely unaware that she's running into our territory, and if I don't catch her before this beautiful angel gets there, she's going to die. I mindlink the warriors at the border;

If there comes in a bloody young girl in our field, you shouldn't under any circumstances hurt her, have I made myself clear?

Yes, alpha.

I keep running but slows down when I see her trying to keep running. She stops when she hears my pack and me. She slowly turns around, and her facial expressions make me devastated. I'm trying to talk to her and ask for her name. She doesn't seem to understand what I'm saying. Instead, she says;

"Finish it, because now I can't take it anymore..."

Right after that, she falls on the ground and looks almost lifeless. I run up to her and take her in my arms, trying to talk to her without getting any reaction.

"Killian, contact the pack doctor now and tell her to prepare!" I scream to my beta and lift her bridal style before running faster than I've done before.

When we get to the pack hospital, I put her down gently on a stretcher. She looks pale, and her breath is weak. The doctor comes in, and she gasps when she sees her.