Pilot--2

"Dad look out!!"

Cherith screamed at her laughing father who recovered but just a little too late as the car swerved in the storm that night and drove off the Wickery Bridge into the cold waters of the river with a strong impact that practically knocked Cherith out.

"Cherith...Cherith wake up... Cherith!"

////////////////

Cherith woke up with a gasp as he sister nudged her up that evening, a slightly concerned look on her face.

"Hey, you okay?... You seemed so out of it."

Cherith sighed, pressing a hand to her beating chest to slow it down.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine, I just... I must have been super tired."

She lied and Elena nodded with a small grin.

"I bet the thought of burgers and fries will wake you even better. Come on, we're leaving in 10."

She said, standing up and leaving Cherith in her room, staring at nothing in particular.

She idly wondered why she suddenly dreamt of that night again.

She hadn't for a few weeks... yet this dream felt so surreal... like she was reliving it all over again.

"Must be some bad omen"

She muttered under her breath disgruntled as she let out a small grumble of disgust at her hair sticking to her skin with sweat.

Adding that there was no time to take a shower, she put her hair in a ponytail and wore Jean shorts and a wine round neck with a black wooly sweater in her hand in case it got chilly later on, after all she had no idea when Elena and her friends would leave.

Putting on her sneakers, she left her room, walking into Elena who was rushing into her own room with her diary in hand.

Cherith frowned.

"Aren't we leaving now? I'm starving!"

"Oh dear. Can't allow the bottomless pit be even more angered."

Cherith scoffed as she walked past her sisters room, looking into Jeremy's as well and seeing no sign of life.

She shrugged and jogged down the stairs, stopping in front of the door as she saw a stranger she'd never seen before, standing just outside the open door, looking around warily.

As if that wasn't ominous enough, he was dressed in all black and was good-looking.

It was always the good-looking ones.

He noticed her presence and stood straight, about to open his mouth when he looked behind Cherith at the sound of footsteps.

"Oh! Um... Cherith, this is Stefan Salvatore. He'll be joining us. Stefan, this is my little sister, Cherith Gilbert. We call her Cherry though."

Stefan turned to Cherith with a friendly smile and nodded at her.

"Nice to meet you. Cherith. That's a rather rare name."