The Descent

Gilbert Residence

Gilbert Residence.

March 31st.

Cherith wakes up, staring at her ceiling the following day.

Last night had really been something and so she'd slept in as much as she could. Her alarm clock read a few minutes past 11 already. Apart from the whole wolfy transformation, there was the drawing power from the moon.

She raised her hand to her line of sight.

While she was still paler than she was used to, it wasn't like when she'd absorbed it and looked like a moon inhabitant.

She lit up her hand, it was brighter than usual and she stared at the book on her window seat, levitating it towards her. She paused though as she noticed that it wasn't just the book floating in the air, but also a couple of other things in her room.

She sat up as she laid them back.

She could definitely feel herself getting stronger.

How exciting.

But it seemed she'd be better off trying out her powers somewhere safe rather than in her room and risk destroying it again like the previous year when she had just been coming into her powers.

She stood up, leaving her room and heading into the bathroom for her hygiene routine.

She hadn't seen Elena except for early in the morning around 2am or so when she'd rushed into her room and tackled the ruby haired girl into a hug, startling her out of her precious sleep while thanking her profusely for saving Stefan.

Cherith didn't remember much, except for levitating her ass out of her room and turning over in her bed, going back to sleep.

Now that she thought about it, it had become second nature to her, lifting things that she'd have had second thoughts when she had still been a newbie witch.

She really needed to up her practice.

It was weekend and she could finally have some time for herself before maybe checking out the barbecue at the school later in the evening. Leslie was one of the volunteers and she had raved about how fun it would be.

After showering, she dressed in a short sleeved dark blue crop with straight lines. It had a square low neck and mini frills at the end of the sleeves and the length itself and she paired it with a high waist skinny white jeans with a rip on its left knee, leaving her toned stomach out and she finished with white platform sneakers, leaving her hair down and grabbing her satchel bag and heading down the stairs.