Masquerade

Hey Cherith,

It's me.

I got to Hawaii safe, settled in Maui to be precise.

It's really beautiful... I could see myself settling here.

How's Tyler?

I hope he's not too mad at me...

Take care of yourself Cherith Gilbert, and thanks... for everything.

*****************************

It had been a week since the whole Mason Lockwood and Jenna incident and Cherith could say she was still on edge.

She had stopped talking to Jeremy...

Preferring to instead make him stew in his own self pity for a while.

He brought it on himself anyways... not her fault...

Also... Jenna had finally convinced her to do the shoot and tomorrow was the day as well...

Thankfully for not just her, but also the woman, it wouldn't take a lot of time... if it had... Cherith would have definitely said no to it...

But hey! Stepping out of your comfort zone every once in a while could prove to be nice too...

Today was the masquerade ball that everyone had been looking forward to.

Everyone that is... except her.

This whole town drama had definitely taken her frustration level off the charts and she was counting down the days when she could have her little seniors trip which was coming up in some months...

At least one week in New York should prove life changing...

Cherith jogged down the stairs as she heard voices and knew that Jenna had arrived back home.

It had been a stressful few days.

She ran into the living room with a grin, ignoring Matt, Elena and Jeremy whom had brought her home and playfully dived into Jenna who was sat comfortably on the sofa and hugged her softly.

"Well someone missed me... even if she saw me yesterday evening."

Jenna joked as she brushed her hand through Cherith's hair whose head was laid in Jenna's lap and she sighed.

"Yeah well you were in the hospital. I hate hospitals... I always have this sudden urge to go berserk in there... I think it's my survival instinct or something."

Jenna snorted.

"I don't know what you mean about that brat, seeing as hospitals HELP people."

Cherith shrugged as she sat up with a wry grin.

"I don't know about that... I mean... they do help but they do it in a way that makes you never want to return there ever again."

"Isn't that a good thing though?"

Before Cherith could reply back, Jeremy cut in.

"Hey Cherry... um, can I see you for a sec?"

He asked hesitantly, knowing Cherith had been ignoring him all week and even if he was sad and angry about it, he was still guilty about what had happened.

Cherith gave him a glare, lips involuntarily going into a stubborn pout and Jenna sighed, tapping at her head.

"I don't know what happened between you two but he's the older one brat... see what he wants..."