Maia

Salvatore Boarding House

Elena paces to and fro by the lit fireplace, tears in her eyes and fists curling and uncurling.

Not only had her best friend died, but her sister was missing… Gone.

And there was absolutely nothing she could do about it!

She let out a small sob as her body trembled.

“Hey…”

Stefan walked over to her with a cup.

“You should drink this.”

Elena shook her head.

“No. No, I can’t.”

Stefan sighed, walking closer to her.

“Yes you can.”

He pushed the cup into her hand and she pushed it back.

“I can’t Stefan! Bonnie is dead! Because of me!”

She cried out, tears falling down her face as she hit her chest rather harshly.

“It’s my fault! Cause I’m the stupid Doppelganger! And now Cherith is missing, cause of something Klaus did to her! And I have no idea where she is!”

“Elena—”

“My baby sister’s missing Stefan!”

She spat out at him and he stopped, slightly surprised at just how much she seemed to be like Cherith the day Elena had been kidnapped by Anna.

He sighed, dropping the cup and leading her to a chair.

It was totally understandable she was feeling this way.

Her best friend had just died, and there was worry for her missing sister.

But deep down, Stefan believed Cherith was okay. Or would be okay.

Maybe it was because he knew just how different she was, but Cherith wouldn’t be Cherith if she didn’t bounce back.

“Hey… Listen to me… It’s Cherith. She’ll be fine. You know her…”

Elena shook her head.

“I can’t… I don’t know what to think Stefan… I can’t find her! I have to go try again!”

She jumped on her feet and Stefan blurred to stop her.

“It’s okay. Damon’s out looking for her. It wouldn’t do to be out this late when Klaus is in town—”

“I don’t care about him!”

She argued back but Stefan continued.

“Cherith is powerful, Elena. Much more than you think… Much more than we imagine. She’ll be fine.”