As The Sun Rises

It was quiet for a moment with only the occasional growl from the wolf’s frothing mouth.

“No sudden movements Jenna…”

She whispered with a side mouth and Jenna let out a small noise at the back of her throat even as she shakily held up her crossbow at the vibrating animal.

Cherith wondered in her head how to go with it.

She should try to reason with Tyler the wolf.

Maybe even try to show she had nothing against him.

She cleared her throat.

“Okay Dante. It’ll be in both our best interests if you turned on your tails and scram or I’ll unleash shit on you.”

She probably should practice peaceful agreement speeches more in her spare time.

The wolf growled out loud again and blurred towards the two and as Jenna let out a shriek, Cherith raised a shield around them both and the wolf bounced on the shield, shaking his head and ignoring the slight sizzle as some fur burnt from the magic.

He trotted slightly, eyes murderous and Cherith huffed.

“We really don’t have the time now you stupid teen wolf!”

She snarled impatiently.

“I have places to be, higher beings to throw my middle finger at as I save MY SISTER!!”

She ended her sentence, looking up at the sky with an accusatory look.

“Um, Cherry? We have an important situation here… you can make me concerned with your mental health later on but… wolf??”

Cherith turned back to Tyler just in time for him to smash his head against the shield again and bounce back, more head fur sizzling.

With some vindictiveness, she idly hoped Tyler suffered baldness for this… the bastard.

“We have to find a way out of here… I just need the right opening…”

But first… she needed him to—

Aha!

Just in time, he hit his head against the shield again and as he tried to regain himself again, Cherith put down the shield and immediately fired her energy at him and it hit him dangerously as he landed against a tree, falling to the floor with a pained whine.

Cherith wasted no time running behind Jenna.

“What??!”

Jenna’s betrayed squawk ended though as he niece place her hands under her armpit and lifted both in the air much to the strawberry blonde’s startled surprise as the rose into the dark skies before the wolf could take a bite at them.