The Return

Cherith frowns as she parks her car by her house, looking at the large crowd of neighbors gathering around their own houses, whispering and about 4 cop cars by the roadside

She rushes towards her front door, still jittery and wanting to be sure the rest of her family was at least okay.

As she moved to walk in, a police officer stops her and she turns to him glaring.

"You can't come in ma'am."

"Excuse me?! I live here asshat!"

She shouts out at him and some turn to them as the cop turns a deep red, letting her pass through and she jogs up the stairs.

"Jeremy?! You in here?!"

She calls out.

"In here."

Elena's voice answered instead and she walks into Jeremy's room, Elena there pacing and Jeremy on the bed, slight tears in his eyes.

Cherith immediately frowned.

"Why aren't you guys at the hospital? Are you still getting interviewed by the cops?"

She asked and Elena shook her head.

"No, they're just surveying the scene of the crime. Jeremy on the other hand, drank Anna's blood and took pills to kill himself!"

Elena ranted, fear in her eyes and Cherith's head snapped to her brother who was still quiet and anger grew on her face.

"Jeremy?! What the hell?!"

She walked up to him but once he looked right at her, her anger melted away at his vulnerable face.

Elena gets a call and quickly excuses herself.

"Jemmie... what's wrong?"

"It's Anna, Cherry... she's dead!"

He struggled out and Cherith sat down with a flop, hugging her brother tightly which her reciprocates.

She might be less emotional, but she was capable of feelings, especially when it was for the right person.

As much as she hated Anna, especially for trying to turn her siblings and herself into blood bags for her mother, Jeremy had actually liked her quite a lot.

She knew she had been talking about stabbing the girl and all but he had also been through a lot. Vicki dead and now Anna.

They'd made her brother happy, even if she felt he deserved better than the two of them could ever offer, but that was just her bias.

"Sorry Jemmie."

She whispered slightly, not knowing what to say.

Jeremy alone had gone through 4 losses in the course of 2 years alone.