A Few Good Men

January 7th.

It had been a bit over 2 weeks since the incident and some time after the funeral of Sheila Bennett.

The whole thing had brought back memories for the Gilbert family and Christmas was treated as normal as possible in order to avoid anyone getting too sentimental and depressive in the process.

Bonnie had traveled out of Mystic Falls and Cherith had read the letter given to her by Bonnie from Sheila.

At first, she had been absolutely emotional, finding out the woman whom she’d grown to see as a mentor was gone.

And she felt anger at not just Damon, but the woman he’d gone in for, Anna and also her mother, for the woman’s untimely death.

And then Sheila had gone and dropped a bomb about her birth parent’s deaths.

She’d grown up believing they had died in a car accident, like Grayson and Miranda had said. But now, deep down, she was beginning to doubt that everything was as normal as it seemed to be.

After she’d revealed her powers to her brother, he had been so stunned by the existence of something as wondrous as magic, he’d asked about the existence of other beings.

As promised, she didn’t tell him anything, but that didn’t mean she refuted and denied the existence of other things out there.

He was brilliant, he just might figure it out on his own.

And then there was the thing with the Harkness family as well.

She’d never heard of them before and so had decided to research on them.

There wasn’t much.

Just a bunch of Harkness surnames around but there was one in the United Kingdom who apparently monopolized the name though they were mostly dead, so that was a bummer on it’s part.

If they had been somehow involved in the death of her parents, she wanted… no, needed, to know more about it.

About them.

Cherith’s 16th birthday was a month away and she would willingly admit that she was looking forward to it.

Mostly because she’d be able to have a driver’s license and even get a car of her own!

She was an avid speed lover and although that could be a bad thing in Mystic Falls, she wanted to get herself a birthday/graduation present of sorts.

Jenna had said it was a phase between teenage hood and adulthood, when you suddenly realize there are now privileges you could now enjoy.

Leslie had mentioned throwing Cherith a party but she’d been trying to convince her there was no need for it.

There would be lots of things going on in Mystic Falls’ this year alone, from the parade to Miss Mystic Falls itself, there was no need to add something like this to the mix.

But anyways!

That didn’t matter for now.

Ever since the tomb incident, Cherith had ignored the Salvatore brothers as best as she could.