Fool Me Once

"You're one of them. You're a vampire!"

She snarled at him with furious, tearful eyes and Stefan stood a few feet away, apprehensive of her energy glowing hands and the way she stared at him... with so much anger.

There was a moment of silence between them and Stefan broke it, a look in his eyes as he stared in hers.

"How did you find out?"

He asked quietly and she glared at him.

"Take a wild guess!"

She gritted out, tears in her eyes and the energy around her hands omitting a bright red glow that it seemed to make the room smaller and more stuffy for Stefan as he stared at them, cautious.

"Where's my sister, Salvatore?"

She asked, looking deadly calm, her voice cold and emotionless as she tilted her head sideways, looking at Stefan.

"And your answer better be the right one."

She warned him and he looked at her pleadingly.

"I don't know where she is-"

"LIAR!!"

She shouted angrily which startled Stefan and he turned, listening whether Jenna or Jeremy would walk into Elena's room but they thankfully didn't.

Stefan turned back to her, noticing the lights flickering and the air in the room picking up and he raised his hands to show he meant no harm.

"I'm telling you the truth, Cherith. I didn't even know about Anna until this evening. I had no idea she was a vampire. Please, Cherith... I'd never harm Elena. I'd rather die."

He looked at her desperately and she scoffed, not wanting to believe him.

"Please, Cherith. I swear on everything I've got. I had absolutely nothing, to do with this."

He spoke sincerely, slowly taking a step towards her and she gave him a warning glare and he stopped.

Sighing, she closed her eyes shut, thinking about the pros and cons of believing him.

Pros, he was Elena's boyfriend, cons, he's a freaking vampire!

There have been people, drained of blood for months now, and the more she thought about it, it was around the timeline Stefan showed up... but then again, his more reckless brother seemed more of the type to do things like this... but you know what they say about the innocent looking ones...

She looked at him, not knowing what to think, but she knew she had to find Elena.

Fast.

Before she became vampire food.

She sighed, nodding slightly.

"Fine."

And just like that, the air stopped and the lights stabled, but her hands still glowed.

She didn't trust him.

Stefan sighed, at least he'd made some progress.