Daddy Issues

April 1st

April 1st.

Cherith jogs back towards her home with a lot on her mind.

One. Her admission to Oxford had gone as she’d expected, even better with a scholarship. And while she wasn’t schooling fully, mainly Online and probably with the occasional school visit, she had gotten into her preferred program.

Archeology and Anthropology.

Oxford’s distinctive combination of archaeology and anthropology which Cherith would study for three years, offers an unusually broad perspective on human societies from earliest prehistory to the present.

The cool part was that, even though her courses would be mostly online, there would be fieldworks involved as well.

As part of her course, she must undertake a minimum of four weeks of fieldwork, subject to approval by her tutors, which is normally completed in the summer vacation at the end of her first year.

Best part was that the fieldwork could take place in field settings, or in a laboratory or museum and involve anthropological as well as archaeological projects.

From South Africa to Egypt to Peru and so on. What interested her was the opportunity to travel out the country. Having lived in Mystic Falls all her life, it was something she’d always dreamt of doing.

But of course, the main purpose for her choice of university was not just that, but finding out more on her Cadwallader roots.

Even though Sheila Bennett had told her the family line had dwindled over the course of a decade, there was still other ways to find out about her line.

The idea of her family not having a grimoire sounded weird to her, in fact the Cadwallader home must have at least something to help out or even give her a clue, as well as finding out who her family was friendly with as well.

As much as she liked her Gilbert root, it brought way too much drama to her doorstep. Literally!

Cherith sighed as she pushed her front door open and walked in, slight sweat on her as she walked into the kitchen for a chilled bottle of water, hearing a conversation already taking place in there.

“I’ll tell you more when I’m convinced I can trust you.”

John says to Elena who’s back was turned away from Cherith as she walked towards the fridge. His eyes lit up when he saw her.

“Ah, Cherry…”

Elena immediately turned to her sister who had locked the door on her the previous night.

“Congrats on your admission. I can assure you that not only would Grayson and Miranda be proud, but Christian and Iola especially, would.”

Cherith turned to him with a grin, giving him a thumbs up before opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle.