The Sacrifice

March 28th

March 28th.

Next day.

Cherith is on her bed, floating midair, legs crossed and eyes closed as she pushes deep into herself.

It’s a bit past midnight.

The house is quiet as she thinks on what Stefan and Elena had told her just a few hours ago.

The ritual of the sun and the moon curse.

And an original, another one, named Klaus, who apparently was the boogie man of the supernatural world.

Cherith opened her eyes and pouted.

“Well I wanna be the boogie man dammit!”

Clang!

Her eyes snap to the door at the sound of ceramics hitting each other and the sound of some voices, making her float out of bed to the door, opening it.

The sight that greeted her made her pause and wrinkle her nose.

“What the bloody hell??”

She walked out, staring at a shirtless Alaric, Jenna only in a blue buttoned up shirt and Elena looking like she’d been scarred for life.

“Cherry!”

Jenna greeted, trying to act all innocent.

“Cherith…”

Alaric sighed out, looking like his whole life had come crashing at his feet as the brat smirked at the both of them.

“Well well…”

She sauntered towards the three, arms crossed.

“What do we have here…”

“Of all the brats…”

Jenna mumbled under her breath before feigning a smile, pointing to the bowl in Alaric’s hand.

“Want some? It’s chunky monkey.”

She sang to appeal the girl but Cherith’s grin widened and she looked even more creepy.

“Now that you mentioned it… I think I’ll go get some for myself instead.”

She passes Jenna by the stairs when she pauses, placing a hand on Jenna who looked like she was going to regret this in the future and they looked at each other.

“Have fun Jens… you deserve it.”

She winked at her aunt and jogged down the stairs, humming.

“Goodnight lovebirds… night sis.”

She walked into the kitchen, opening the refrigerator, taking out a Ben and Jerry’s chunky monkey. It was the only flavor they had at the moment and Cherith was craving some ice cream anyways.