Family Ties 2

The sky was already dark now and the party was still in full bloom and now that it was darker, Cherith found it easier to sneak a glass or two if champagne and drink it down in one go.

You know what they say, drinking at least 2 glasses of champagne in the space of an hour could make you drunk.

Cherith learnt that soon enough.

It wasn’t exactly her first time taking alcohol, what with sneaking around the house whenever her parents weren’t around but just sips were all she had and so, now after having at least 4 glasses of champagne, she was already getting tipsy as she walked around, pushing through some people.

She went up the stairs, walking around, feeling light headed a bit.

She walked around slightly before entering a room where she found herself staring at Caroline and Damon who was in the process of pocketing something.

The 2 turned to her and she chuckled lowly.

“Wow, did I interrupt a lover’s tryst? Hold up, did I just say tryst?”

She muttered to herself as she turned towards Damon who looked at her carefully.

“Did you steal something? Or was that a condom you were pocketing?”

Caroline’s eyes widened and Cherith quickly raised her and albeit rather sluggishly.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t see nothing. You both can… go back to whatever it is you were doing.”

She quipped, snickering when she turned, about to leave when Damon was suddenly in front of her, making her startled.

She turned back to a slightly scared Caroline.

“Weren’t you there just a minute—”

As she turned back to him, he held her shoulders, making her look into his eyes.

“Forget everything you saw in this room. You were alone and tired so you came to sit for a bit.”

He commanded and Cherith looked straight at him, confused at whatever the hell he was saying.

Damon, thinking it worked because of how quiet she was, motioned for Caroline to follow him as he walked out, Caroline rushing after him, turning to stare at Cherith concernedly before she too left.

Cherith though, was in a state of confusion.

She should forget everything she saw?

Just then, slight anger filled her as she scoffed.

“Who does he think he is? ‘Forget everything you saw in this room'.”

She mocked his voice as she walked around in circles, slightly stumbling in her pumps.

“Why I should stab him in his right eye! See how he’d like that!”

She huffed, before crossing her arms.

“And why did he look into my eyes like that anyways? Did he expect me to swoon and listen to his words? I ought to go and give him some words of mine!”

She mumbled to herself, suddenly determined to punch him as she walked out of the room.

As soon as she got down the stairs though, she ran right into Jenna.

“Hey… Jenna…”

She greeted with a nervous laugh and Jenna looked at her suspiciously before sniffing her breath and her eyes narrowed.

“Have you been drinking?”

Cherith’s eyes widened as she shook her head.

“What? Me? No! Are you forgetting who you’re talking to? I’m the good child, Jenna. The parents were lucky to have me.”