The Turning Point

Cherith took a sip from her glass, wondering just who was at the door this late at night.

“Must be Stefan wanting to see his dearest Elena again.”
She mocked with a smirk, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room with her glass when she heard the anger in her aunt’s voice.

“I’m not gonna invite you in, Logan. Forget it.”

“Oh come on Jenna! It’s me!”
He pleaded and Cherith’s mood darkened as she wondered exactly what the asshole was doing again. Trying to get into Jenna’s head.

Who the hell did he think he was, cheating on her and getting into her heart again only for him to just… skip town!

“The answer’s no!”

Go Jenna! Cherith grinned.

“I know you. You’re always one step away from a 'maybe' and a tiny nudge to 'yes'.”

“Not on my watch…”
Cherith mumbled, her hands tightening against the glass as she walked over to join her aunt by the front door.

“You just pointed out that I have no self control! Clever strategy Logan!”
Jenna scoffed and Cherith reached the front door.

“Jenna! I was wondering why you were so late! I should have expected a lower life form would be disturbing you.”
Cherith said, giving Logan a fake smile and he sighed.

“Cherry. It’s been a while, hm? I was just telling Jenna to invite me in. Wanna help me out here?”

Cherith immediately sneered at his disgusting apologetic look.

Honestly! How this grown ass man was 29…

“Yeah, no. First dick move, calling me Cherry. It’s Cherith, to you. Second, I don’t like you. Not one bit. So take your ass off of our porch and walk home buddy. You’re practically useless here.”

Logan looked at her, anger brimming in his eyes and Cherith gave him a mocking, shit eating grin, teeth all out and Jenna tried and failed to hide her grin.

“Oh and—”
Cherith moved and feigned a slip, splashing her glass of water on Logan who moved back, startled, as she he was drenched from his face to his shirt and Jenna let out a snort.

Logan cleaned his face before glaring at Cherith, fury in his eyes.
“Oh my! That slip made me do that! My bad!”
She faked.

“You… bitch!”
He gritted out, seething and Jenna raised an eyebrow at him, suddenly serious.

“Oh now you’re definitely banned from this house. Oh, and come near me again, and you’ll be slapped with a restraining order. Have a bad life, fucking asshole.”
She spat at him, before slamming the door on his face.

It was quiet for a moment before Jenna turned to an uncaring looking Cherith who was staring at her nails and Cherith looked at her.

“I said what I said and I did what I did.”

Jenna only grinned at her, wrapping an arm over her shoulder and dramatically whispering.