Children of The Damned

Mystic Falls 1864.

A horse drawn carriage with a driver and his passenger are heading down a dirt road one night. Up ahead, in the middle of the road, lies a man with a woman kneeling beside him. This woman is Katherine. She gets up when she sees the carriage and starts shouting out frantically.

“Please! Please, help us!”

She begs as she runs toward the carriage, making it come to a halt.

“Please, I beg of you! My husband, he's been hurt! Please help him!”

She faked her distress so perfectly that the driver jumped down from his seat immediately and goes to check on the man lying down sideways by the road.

The passenger of the vehicle then opens the carriage door and comes down.

“What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? It's not safe.”

“No. No, sir. It's not safe.”

Katherine smirks at the now confused man before she bares her fangs out, looking like a demon and bites the man's neck.

The man screams as Katherine drains the blood out of him, killing him.

Meanwhile, the driver kneeling over Damon's body, hears his master’s scream and immediately turns around, cautious. He gasps once he sees his master’s dead body lying by the carriage, and he suddenly gets scared.

Just then, he turned to look back at the body behind him and Katherine suddenly appears right in front of him. Her eyes red and mouth filled with blood and in horror, he shouts out but it was already too late an she pounces on him as well and drains the blood from the man who screams for his life.

After she was done with him, she tossed the body aside, blood drenching her chin.

She then looks down.

“And that's how it's done.”

Katherine wipes the front of her dress with her palms and Damon slowly and cautiously gets up looking at the two dead men.

“What happens to the bodies?”

“Well, I'll take them into the woods and the other animals will finish them off.”

Damon looked around, looking seemingly frightened and Katherine tilts her head at him.

“Are you sure you're ready for this?”

Damon immediately nodded, a brave look on his face.

“I'm ready. I want you to turn me.”

Katherine then smiled as that was the answer she’d been looking for in the first place.

“When it's time. Kiss me.”

Damon pulls out a handkerchief from his coat pocket with a flourish and moves to wipe the blood off Katherine's chin, but Katherine grabs his hand and moves in closer.

“No. You should get a taste.”

She smiles at him, moving in to kiss Damon, but Damon moves away before looking apologetic at her.

“Sorry.”

“Don't be. Soon you won't be able to get enough.”

Damon hesitates for a moment before kissing Katherine with such a fiery passion as she reciprocates it as well.

When he pulled away from her, the blood from Katherine's chin had already smudged on Damon's lips and Katherine wiped at with her finger.

*************