Chapter Twenty-four: The Reason

Third Person's POV

        Tears flooded Sakura's eyes as Orochimaru and Kabuto's shadow disappear. She stared wide-eyed at Hiruzen, who was lying down on the ground with his lips, smiling. Sakura went closer, bent down and cried even more. Questions flooded her mind, such as:

        Why is the Hokage dead?

        Did Orochimaru do this?

        Why?

        How?

        Why is Hiruzen smiling?

        "Sakura!"

        She was surprised when similar voices started calling her. She turned to look, and saw her teammates, teachers, ANBUs and jounins. Her other friends were in the scenario as well.

        "H-How..." Kurenai covered her mouth. She faced Asuma, who was intently staring at the dead body. "A-Asuma...H-Hokage-sama is..."

        Everyone was shocked with what had happen. Naruto felt like his world stopped moving. Everyone froze. Everyone was so confused. But they knew one thing- this was Orochimaru's doing.

Sakura Haruno

        Weeks have passed since we found Hokage-sama dead, which was concluded as Orochimaru's fault. Today is Hokage-sama's funeral. I closed the door and went walking outside, to go to the venue.

        I saw my team, waiting for me, when I crossed Ichiraku. I remembered what that retarded snake told me. My mission. Yet, I still don't understand why I have to do such a thing. 

        "Sakura-chan, c'mon, let's go." Naruto said as he went near me and dragged me to the venue. We went to the cemetary and the sky expressed how dark our feeling is now. It's raining.

        One by one, we stepped near Hokage-sama's coffin to put a flower and give some last few words. Somehow, I get guilty. Even if it's not my fault, I'm affected with this. If it wasn't for me, Orochimaru wouldn't go here and wouldn't kill Hokage-sama. 

        What a disaster.

        But like what Orochimaru said... I should do the mission or else he would kill everyone else.

Orochimaru

        "It's a success, Orochimaru-sama. The Leaf is now having trouble. They don't have anyone ordering them now because they don't have a Hokage." Kabuto said. 

        "Yes," I nodded. "Although...we have to move fast. We have to make Sakura kill her teammates before they get a new Hokage to protect them."

        Kabuto agreed, "I suppose so, Orochimaru-sama. But may I ask why we need to force Sakura to do this? Except to destroy the Leaf, is there any other reason?"

        I chuckled. "Konohagakure is known for it's citizens' magnificent powers and abilities. It's rare to have a rogue ninja from Konoha. I'm planning to destroy the Leaf by making Sakura an enemy of her own village- and she would be the opponent in the scene if she kills her teammates."

        "Besides that?"

        "The blonde one who owns the name Naruto Uzumaki, is the jinchuuriki of the Nine-tails. And the Uchiha, no doubt, is indeed blessed with a great power. If one indivudual kills a jinchuuriki, the tailed beast will also disappear. But, Sakura has the Kusanagi, enabling her to kill Naruto but also making her have the Nine-tails (and not making it disappear), which she would give upon me to destroy Konoha."

        "How about the Uchiha?"

        "Frankly, the Kusanagi has powers to drain one's power, too. When she kills the Uchiha, she can also take over his powers. And using my own power, I can convert the Uchiha's abilities to be mine. With those ways, I can destroy Konohagakure once and for all."

        Kabuto smirked. "I like where this is going, Orochimaru-sama."

***

Short but yeah.

 I am too lazy.

By the way, I just made a twitter account. Go to my profile here on Wattpad to see the other details on my bio. You will see my username on twitter. :)

#TPATP. :D