Chapter Thirty-three: However Many Times

Darkness. All she could see was darkness. Not even a small amount of light. Nothing. . . nothing at all.

Was she dead? How? Did Orochimaru kill her? What happened? What can she do?

Yeah. . . nothing. She can't do anything. Not anymore.

Sakura Haruno lost her will to fight; seeing her parents lose their life because of her connection with Orochimaru. How can she protect Konoha? How can she save her friends? She even attempted to kill Naruto and Sasuke for her own sake.

She was selfish.

She just wanted to disappear from this world. For her, she has no right to live anymore. Her parents are gone, Konoha was destroyed, and most importantly. . . her friends and comrades were in trouble because of her.

Everything was crumbling down.

. . . Every single thing that once made her happy.

***

"Crap!" Kakashi cussed in his mind, annoyed by the fact that every time he was about to finish all the corpses, another pack of them comes again.

The silver-haired jounin grasp his kunai tightly, finishing off several opponents. He was careful not to over use his techniques, for he knew that he had to conserve his energy because Orochimaru might come out and fight him anytime.

Kakashi was attacked by fifteen corpses at a time, which he was planning to kill but his movement was stopped when a man intervened his momentum by kicking the enemies with enormous chakra on his feet.

"I didn't expect you to have a hard time, Kakashi." Maito Gai shook his head rather disappointedly, his arms on his hips after deminishing the pack of opponents.

A sweat dropped from Kakashi's forehead (dramatically) as he sighed quietly. "I wasn't, but thank you for helping though."

"NO PROBLEM!" Gai flashed a huge smile, exposing his glimmering teeth with matching thumbs up.

The silver-haired jounin shrugged it off, positioning himself near Gai as they focused on the approaching corpses.

Kakashi tightened his grasp on his kunai, scanning the various amount of enemies. "Don't let your guard down. This isn't over yet."

***

The black-haired woman's mouth hung in shock, her eye pupils darted on the not-moving corpse, which was Orochimaru's experiment.

"This is. . ."

"Shizune-san! Hokage-sama is here!" A nurse called out, opening the door and letting the female leader enter, her heels clicking hardly along the floor.

Shizune titled her head, immobilized by the corpse which was lying on the table, the body exposed.