Chapter Twenty-six: The Next Hokage

Third Person's POV

        "Quite a resemblance," one of the Legendary Sannins, Jiraiya, mentioned out of nowhere with an amused smile etched on his lips. Kakashi gave off an eye-smile at Jiraiya, who obviously knew what he meant by 'resemblance'.

        "Oi, Kaka-sensei." Naruto says bluntly.

        "Hmm?"

        "I don't know him." He said, pointing at Jiraiya. 

***

        Kakashi stared at his tied up students, the annoyance from Naruto's comment was still visible in his eyes (or eye, since the other one was covered) which made the Uzumaki to just return the stare. 

        "Kaka-sensei! We've been here for hours and what's worse is, you let that Jiraiya guy eat ramen at Ichiraku's while you starve us to death!" The blonde Uzumaki exclaimed. 

        "Ne, sensei, did we do something wrong?" Sakura asked. 

        Sasuke just kept silent as they hear their tummies growl. Okay, it's official- they are starving to death. 

        Kakashi's hand met his face as he continued to sigh exasperatedly. 

        "How could you not know him, Naruto? In addition, you disrespected Jiraiya-sama."

        "I just don't know him! What's so good about that perverted-looking geezer anyway?!"

        "Naruto, you said 'I don't know him' which was a sign of disrespectfulness. If you don't know him, you should've just kept silent and said that to yourself." Kakashi explains, "Honestly, as a punishment, I wanted you three to starve but since I think it's unfair for Sakura and Sasuke, I'd made up my mind."

        "Wait, you don't mean-"

        Kakashi smiled, "Come on, Sakura, Sasuke. Let's go to Ichiraku's." He untied the ropes which were tangled on Sakura and Sasuke's arms as they left Naruto, shouting their names for them to come back.

        Poor Naruto.

***

        Team 7 (minus Naruto) walked through the streets to reach Ichiraku's. They talked about some few things such as where Jiraiya lived and how is he considered as a Sannin. 

        "By the way, sensei, you really show a lot of respect towards Jiraiya-sama. Why's that?" Sakura asked. 

        "Except from the fact that he is a Sannin, Jiraiya-sama was also Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage's teacher." Kakashi answered.

        "Eh? That reminds me, Kakashi-sensei. Who exactly is your teacher?"

        "Oh look, we're here!" The silver-haired man exclaimed as he went straight to Ichiraku's. 

        Sakura just sighed and went along the ramen shop with Sasuke. Once they arrived, Kakashi was at the verge of face palming.

        "Uhm, where's Jiraiya-sama?"

        Kakashi faced his subordinates and smiled, "Let's just say he's eating somewhere else."

        Sasuke and Sakura ordered what kind of ramen they would like, after all, it was Kakashi's treat. Once their meal was served, Sakura smelled the relaxing scent of the ramen. 

        "Itadakimasu!" 

     While they were eating, an image of Orochimaru suddenly popped in Sakura's mind. Orochimaru's voice was continued to echo on her head as well. Sakura suddenly dropped her chopsticks as she breathed heavily.