Chapter Three: First Activity [1]

First Activity [1]

***

    "Train ourselves, I suppose," Sakura sighed. What kind of teacher comes late then leaves first? She chanted before starting the training session with Sasuke and Naruto. All three of them worked hard, who knows what kind of trick is in store for them. They didn't notice the time until the sun started to set, signaling them to go home since it was getting late. 

     At the end, the three pupils went back and prepared for tomorrow's event.

--

     Meanwhile, Sasuke didn't go straight to bed after that tiring training session. Instead, he knocked on his elder brother's door to tell him about his new team-- and weird teacher.

    "Nii-san! I just met my teacher this morning." The younger Uchiha spoke once Itachi opened his door. Excitement and glee was clear in his face, making the older ravenette chuckle in response.

    "Really? Who's your teacher, Sasuke?" The latter interrogated, bending down onto Sasuke's level while tousling his brother's soft, dark locks.

    Jubilantly, he replied, "He's Kakashi-sensei." 

    "I see, then go rest for your activity tomorrow."

     "Hai!"

***

     The sky was still dark and no one disturbed the tranquility of the village. The wind was blowing hard like usual, and nobody in particular was out at this hour. It was three in the morning, and you could only spot three students with different hair colors, crossing each other at the nearby forest.

     "Ohayo," Sakura greets in a sleepy manner, carrying her bag over her tired shoulder.

     "Good morning. . ." The blond Uzumaki answered sleepily as well. 

     Sasuke nodded before speaking quietly, "Good morning."

     The students looked at each direction, wondering why their teacher still isn't appearing. Soon, the three of them sat down on the grass, sighing once in a while.

     "So. . . the activity starts now, right?" Sakura asked. 

     "We still have to wait for Kakashi-sensei." was the ravenette's response.

     Sigh.

--

     After who-knows-how-long, but probably an hour or so, their goofy teacher finally arrived with his usual eye-smile. That feature always seemed to lighten up anyone's mood, but right now, it ticked them off, knowing that Kakashi can still smile after making them wait for an hour. 

    "Hello, good mornin-" 

    "YOU SAID 3 AM!" The three genin shouted in unison before he could finish his greeting.

    "Eh, gomen, a black cat crossed my path so-"

    "Whatever, let's just continue."

    Kakashi sweatdropped before clearing his throat, "Alright. Give me 300 push ups and we'll begin."

    The moment his words sank inside the pupils' heads, Sakura's face lost its color, Sasuke inhaled sharply, and Naruto reacted by shouting.

    "THREE HUNDRED?! YOU'RE INSANE!" The Uzumaki yelled in fury and shock, pointing at his teacher with wide eyes.

    "What? You're not going to do it? Then I suppose you're not fitted as Leaf ninjas." Kakashi casually says, shrugging his shoulders while studying his students' faces.

   Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto froze, sighing deeply. 

   This was going to be hard.

***

   "DONE!" Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura yelled, approximately after an hour of push ups. Sakura was the one to struggle very much, since her arms wasn't as strong as the two.

   The masked Hatake dropped his orange book slowly, smiling at them, "Okay. Good job. But in all honesty, the activity is not going to be held here."

   "What?" 

   "It'll be held at the Mythical Lake. I just met you three up here for the push ups." Kakashi smirked after replying.

   "So. . . where's that lake again?" Sasuke asked curiously. 

   "That's the problem. You need to find it by yourselves." Kakashi stated, "I'll see you all later!" with a poof, he disappeared.

  "Kakashi-sensei, if we see each other again, I won't hesitate to kill you." Naruto murmured to himself in annoyance.

  "Count me in, Naruto," The pinkette agrees, "But where's that Mythical Lake though?"

  "It could be on north, east, west, or south." 

   "Yeah, so. . . where should we start?" 

   "I say we start at the middle of the forest, and then split ways. Besides, we know our way back, right?" Sasuke suggested. 

   "That's right!" 

   "Yosh! Let's go!"

***************************************************

published ++ may 2014 

edited / revised ++ 11.29.15 11:41 AM