Chapter Six: Chunin Exam

Chunin Exam

***

    The three ninjas agreed with each other's instructions to stay for the night. To make a fire to keep them warm, Sasuke decided that each of them should find some woods to lit it up. Soon, all of them gathered in a circle, a fire between them.

   "Oyasumi, Sasuke-kun, Naruto!" 

   "Good night, Sakura-chan, teme!"  

   "Oyasumi." 

-- 

    The sound of birds chirping and wind blowing was the first thing that Sakura and Naruto encountered after being woke up by Sasuke.

   "Today's the day we get to kill Kakashi-sensei, now get up." Sasuke ordered, packing up his personal belongings.

  "Hai!!"

  "Fine, fine." 

  After fixing their things and themselves, the three strolled away, determined to find their way back. Note to self: don't ever acknowledge Kakashi's planned activites. 

  There were times when Sakura and Naruto grew impatient, but Sasuke would keep them calm by saying positive things to boost their confidence that they would find their way home. Even if they didn't have a teacher with them; Sasuke was enough to be the instructor, the hope.

***

[ time skip ]

   After three hours, finally, they made it back. 

   Irritated and desperate, the three students growled at the other ninjas, "Where's Kakashi Hatake?!"

   "H-He's at the Hokage's office!!"

--

   Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto marched to the Sandaime's office. As they were running, they met up with the annoying silver-haired man, who was peacefully reading his book.

   "KAKASHI-SENSEI!" 

    Kakashi stopped reading his book then walk backwards, sweat dropping at the sight of his pupils. "Oh, hey! Glad you all made it back~" He scratched his neck nervously.

   "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT KIND OF LIFE WE HAD YESTERDAY?! I'M TOTALLY GONNA KILL YOU!" Sakura glowered, pointing at the masked ninja using her index finger.

   "Erm, oh, what's that? The Chunin exams are close!" Kakashi mentioned, changing the subject to save himself.

    The three students exchanged glances, unable to comprehend his words.

   "Chunin exams?" Sasuke asked. 

   "Yeah! It's where fights will be held, once you win, you're on the Chunin rank!" Kakashi sweat-dropped again. 

  Good thing that I mentioned that, or else Sakura might have killed me already. he thought.

   "When will it commence then?" Naruto asked. 

   "The day after tomorrow. That's why a few ninjas from the Sand are coming here today for the early instructions. . ." Kakashi explained.

   "Do you have anymore concrete explanation, sensei?" Sakura interrogates curiously.

    Kakashi shrugged, "Well. . . different leaders from different villages would acknowledge this event, and it turns out that Konoha would be the one to host this year's chunin exams. Students who graduated would be given some tasks, mostly to you three-man-cell team, and once you win all the stages, you can be promoted to chunin- whether it's individual or with your teammates."

   The young ninjas let his words sink in, understanding every word that came from his mouth. 

   "So you guys better prepare. The Sunagakure nins might arrive today."

   Sakura nodded, "Alright. I'm gonna take a shower. See you all later!"

   "Yosh! Me too!" Naruto agreed, running away with Sakura.

    Sasuke just walked to his house, and he might take a shower too, you know.

*********************************************

published++ may 2014

edited / revised ++ 11.30.15, 11:45 AM