Chapter Thirty-five: She Once Told Me

The last chapter. Will be followed by an epilogue.

-- ♡ -

"Sakura, you should rest." Yukana Ōtsubo noted the pink-haired kunoichi.

Sakura abruptly stopped her training and catched the towel that Yukana threw to her. Wiping her sweat away, she replied, "What are you talking about? I always train like this, and I get enough rest."

"Well, yeah. Whatever," The caramel-haired girl shrugged. "By the way. . . when will you go back to Konoha? It's been years, Sakura."

The pinkette sat beside Yukana and sighed in response. Yes, it's been three years ever since she left Konoha for a new start. But, without anyone knowing, she lived in the Land of Waterfalls with Yukana during those times.

"You sound like you don't want me here, Yukana." She replied, snickering.

"It's not that, stupid. I mean, doesn't it bother you that your teammates might be waiting for you?" Yukana replied in the famous 'as-a-matter-of-fact' tone.

Sakura smiled, "I don't plan on making them wait forever."

***

The sound of metals clashing engulfed the whole training grounds. The sun-kissed blond sighed tiredly and glanced at his friends.

Today, they were having a training together. Naruto, Sasuke, Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Tenten, Neji and Lee were all practicing hard to get stronger. To be exact, they wanted to be a lot better when Sakura comes back. Because, they believe that she will truly return.

"Let's rest first, I'm darn tired." Kiba announced, panting heavily.

All of them agreed with the brown-haired male. Sitting down, they drank some water to rejuvinate their energy.

After a few minutes, they began to spar again- excluding Ino and Naruto. Hinata was training with Neji, Tenten with Lee, Chouji with Shikamaru, Shino by himself and Kiba with Sasuke.

The two blonde haired ninjas watched their friends. Sighing, Ino faced down the ground.

"When will Sakura come back?" She asked in a whisper. But to her dismay, Naruto heard it very well despite the noise of kunais and shurikens.

Naruto rotated half of his body to face the platinum blonde, "She'll come back soon, dattebayo!"

Soon, huh?

Ino honestly missed Sakura. Despite their secret-rivalry, they were still good friends and the pinkette was a comrade.

"Don't you miss her, Naruto?" The Yamanaka added in greif, completely ignoring the people around them. Her voice was full of pain and bitterness, which honestly got Naruto's full attention.

A sad smile made its way across the blond Uzumaki's lips as he replied, "I do. Who wouldn't?"

"I see." Ino muttered in silence.

"But you know," Naruto stood up and began to stretch his arms sideward, surprising the platinum blonde.

"She once told me that women have to be strong, in order to survive."

***

"Orochimaru-sama." Kabuto bowed as a sign of respect. "May I ask you something?"

Orochimaru gave him a curt nod as a response. They're currently in a new hide out, far from Konohagakure. The silver-haired man stood up and pushed his glasses up to the bridge of his nose.

"With all due respect," he started, "When are you going to attack the Leaf again?"

The snake-like man narrowed his eyes in fury, "We shouldn't underestimate them. Tsunade's their Hokage and I know. . . I know that they have strong ninjas. We can't relax. I'll destroy them next time. . ."

"Hai."

***

A flash of pink was seen throughout the forest, going to a certain direction. Yukana, a citizen of the Land of Waterfalls, silently watched as the figure disappeared. A small sad yet encouraging smile was drew across her face as she sighed.

"I'm glad you're going back to Konoha, Sakura. It's been fun here at the Land of Waterfalls. . . but you belong to your village, with your teacher, Hokage, teammates and most importantly, your friends." Yukana whispered to herself as she went back to her house.

Sakura Haruno planned to travel back to Konoha with hopes of finally seeing her precious team and friends once again.

"Just wait for me, Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi-sensei."

**********

That's the last chapter. Sorry if it's not what you expected it to be, I was just showing everyone how they did after three years. You all took a glimpse of how Konoha 11 are doing, and you saw what Orochimaru and Kabuto are up to. And, Sakura's coming home!

Read the next page for the epilogue. Thank you so much for all the support! <3

~PBPink