The Predator and the Prey (Naruto)

Sometimes, we tend to think about the past. At some point, everyone of us wonders—what if we had the power and strength to go back in time? What if we could restore our past? What if time is in our hands?

That seems easy, right?

We can re-do things. We can make the situation like how we want it to be. The misery in our lives can be replaced with joy and peace.

In Sasuke Uchiha's case, he was the perfect guy that doesn't actually need the power or ability to go back in the past. Why? Simply because everything he ever wished for was before him.

He had his family. There was never an Uchiha massacre, and his elite clan stood still. He had his friends, admirers, and his brother. . . Itachi Uchiha.

Sure, Akatsuki—a group of S-Class criminals—still existed but never had a connection with Konohagakure. What could go wrong in such a perfect world? The potential to bring back the past never actually crossed their minds. Having regrets was inevitable—nonetheless, everyone of them decided to look at the future because they knew that they were together.

But of course, a world without a villian was impossible.

In books, a story without a convict would turn out boring and dull.

And in their story, there is also a miscreant.

Orochimaru is a missing ninja. Long ago, he left and betrayed Konoha. And as expected from the villian-he will fight the main character, the hero perhaps.

He is currently in need of someone with great power to get what he wants. And who would that be?

A blonde kid with the Nine-tails inside of him, who walks in the right path?

A raven-haired guy blessed with a perfect life, who cares for his comrades?

Or a pink-haired girl who was always in their shadows, and wanted to save her village?

Hide now, because the predator is looking for his prey.

First published: 5.18.14

**I have changed the prologue**

Edited: 4.28.15, 12PM