Chapter One: Sakura Haruno

Sakura Haruno

***

    Sakura smiled at herself, quietly fixing her forehead protector. She looked at her reflection on the mirror in front of her, a sigh escaping her lips. I hope we're in the same team, she thought, an image of him popping on her mind.

    It was the day when the students meet their teachers on each team. Naturally, some other kids would groan and complain about classes, but for Sakura... this was her dream; to graduate, to have her own team.

    The pinkette sprinted out of her house and traveled to the Academy. On her way, she saw a familiar girl with platinum blonde hair. She simpered, calling the familiar lady.

    "Ino!"

    The blonde turned her head, her baby blue eyes meeting Sakura's green ones. She ran to her and grinned, "Sakura! Going to the Academy?"

    "Yep," Sakura answered, "How 'bout you?"

     "Same, let's go together then." Ino shrugs and tugs on Sakura's arm to start walking again. On their way, they had their normal 'friendly' conversations.

    "By the way," Ino stopped on her tracks, "I'm still your rival." With a smirk on her lips, the two chuckled in unison.

    Sakura nonchalantly waved her hand, "But hey, let's keep the rivalry thing a secret, yeah? Sasuke-kun wouldn't want us fighting over him."

    Ino gave a nod, the smirk unwavering. "We can be friends and rivals at the same time." The blonde answered.

    It's very mature for them to be friends and rivals at the same time; even if they did both like the same person, they didn't want their friendship to be on the line.

~*~*~

    Once they arrived at the Academy, Sakura swiftly noticed Sasuke Uchiha, silently sitting on a vacant chair. She inwardly smiled and ran to him.

    "S-Sasuke-kun, may I sit beside you?" She asks shyly, her cheeks heating up. You're expecting a grunt, aren't you?

   Well, you're wrong.

   Sasuke nodded without hesitations, "Go ahead." He answered, a small smile on his lips.

   The pinkette simpered and sat beside the ravenette. This is exactly while girls drool over him- it was because he's hot, good-looking, talented and kind. He also came from a well-known family. A few minutes later, a goofy blond boy entered the classroom, rushing to go to the chair beside Sakura.

   "SAKURA-CHAN, MAY I SEAT BESIDE YOU?!" He sheepishly grinned. Sakura chuckled at Naruto Uzumaki but gradually accepted his request.

    Moments passed, the students cheered once the teacher went inside the classroom. Why? Well. . .

    "Good morning, everyone! I'll be announcing your teams today!" Iruka declared with glee. The students grinned and excitedly waited for their names to be called.

    "I'll start. Listen carefully." The teacher said, as he began announcing. Sakura prayed that she was teamed up with Sasuke.

    "Team 7! Naruto Uzumaki!"

    Naruto's ears perked as he heard his name.

    "Sakura Haruno!"

    Oh my god.

   ". . .and Sasuke Uchiha!"

Hell yes. Sakura smiled.

***********************************************************

Published ++4.26.14

Edited and revised ++5.14.15, 1PM

*****

Trivia:

- Ino wasn't OOC. She and Sakura just happens to be friends here on the story.

- Sasuke isn't OOC either. . .

- Naruto and Sakura are on good terms in this story, unlike on the real beginning of Naruto