Chapter Seven: Shinobi From The Sand

Shinobi From The Sand

***

     Right after those three finished taking their showers, (well let's hope Sasuke showered too), they went straight to the West Gates to see who's coming. And their teacher was right, after all. Ninjas with the Sunagakure forehead protector began entering the village.

     But of course, they're not the only ones who were at the gates. Shikamaru's team, Neji's team, and Shino's team was there as well.

"Sakura-chan," Naruto nudge the female beside him, hissing silently. "Oi."

"Nani?" The pink-haired girl replied with her eyebrows creased a bit. "What's with you?"

Snickering, Naruto pointed to a certain Sunagakure ninja, "See that cat guy over there?" he asks while surpressing his laughter. "Do you know him?"

Sakura rolled her emerald eyes while sighing. What could you expect? We're talking about Naruto and obviously, it's not surprising if he comes up with nicknames for people.

"Kankuro, don't show off." They heard a blonde girl with four pigtails say as she looked at the so-called cat guy.

Yes, Kankuro is the cat-guy that he says. It was because of his baggy clothes and also the "cat ears" on his head.

"No, and what the hell Naruto?! You're making nicknames for people already?!" Sakura whisper-shouted as a reply to the blond.

"Well it's because... he kinda looks like a cat... you know... because of the ears and... things..." Naruto scratched the back of his head, his grin still visible.

Sakura didn't acknowledged how his friend called the Sunagakure nin, but she knew that she somewhat agreed with him, too. Suddenly, her eyes fell onto a ravenette.

Sasuke didn't have his attention to the cat guy who is known as Kankuro, but to a boy who had red messy hair, and dark circles around his eyes. He looked fierce and scary. There was also a kanji on his left side forehead.

"Sasuke-kun?" Sakura called, catching him looking at the mysterious boy. "Is something wrong?" she exchanged her glances between the red-headed boy and Sasuke.

"Not at all, he just seems interesting," Sasuke answered plainly, to which Sakura just shrugged off.

Just like every team, there's a teacher. And, their teacher is a very tall man. He has two distinctive, red markings on the right side of his face, the only visible part of his head, with the rest being covered by his turban-like head gear and by a sheet hanging from it on the left side of his face. He dons the standard attire of a Suna-nin, complete with a forehead protector and flak jacket.

"My name is Baki. I'm these students' teacher." he announced. Just as when he was about to add something, a yell interrupted him.

"YO! MIND TELLING US THE NAMES OF YOUR STUDENTS? THEY LOOK A MILLION TIMES MORE INTERESTING THAN YOU!" Naruto whined that made Sakura punch him on the shoulder.

"Hm, fine," although a bit insulted, Baki nodded then looked at the three young students. "Go and introduce yourselves." he ordered.

"Kankuro."

He wore a black, baggy, full body suit with a red and yellow circle on the front. He also wears a black hood which covered his head completely, and had cat-like ears and his forehead protector on his forehead.

"Temari."

She wore an outfit consists of a single light purple-coloured, off-the-shoulders garment that extended to halfway down her thighs, with a scarlet sash tied around her waist. In addition to incorporating fishnet worn over her shoulders and legs, specifically on her right calf and her left thigh, she also wore her black forehead protector around her neck.

"Gaara."

He has fair skin and short, spiky, auburn hair and pale blue-green eyes. He has tanuki-like black eye rings, having them since his birth. He has the kanji "love" (愛, ai) on the left side of his forehead.

"I would also like to know your name." The Gaara named person surprisingly added.

"OH, MY NAME IS UZUMAKI-" Naruto got cut off.

"Not you," the other grunted.

  "Wha-?"

  "I'm asking him," Gaara said, pointing to Sasuke.

  "Hn, you totally thought you're cool enough for someone to ask your name." Sasuke teased the blond secretly with a smirk, tapping his shoulder.

"Eeek, SHUT UP!" Naruto yelled.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke." The ravenette said as he focused his gaze to the Suna-nin.

"I'll see you then, Uchiha Sasuke..." Gaara ended mysteriously.

***********************************

published++ may 2014

edited / revised++ jan 31, 2016, 8:28AM