Chapter Thirty-four: A New Start

"Are you sure you want to do it?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Is that your last answer?"

"Hai."

"Then as you wish. You may go."

A respectful bow came from the pink-haired kunoichi. She flashed the Hokage a small smile before entirely leaving the room after muttering a 'thank you'. Tsunade watched Sakura's disappearing figure but she abruptly stood up from her chair before the girl could exit.

"Sakura!"

"Hai?" She shot the Hokage a confused look.

Tsunade sat down once again and clasped her hands together with a sigh.

"Stay safe."

"Thank you."

With one more geniune and thankful smile on her lips, she left.

Not just the Hokage premises, but also the village.

Sakura Haruno left Konohagakure.

Why?

. . . It was simple.

You must wonder what happened when Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura fought Orochimaru. Yes, they fought 'till the very end yet the gap in their strength was still too big. Luckily, Kakashi and Gai made it to Orochimaru's hideout and helped them defeat him.

Although Orochimaru wasn't considered dead, the corpses attacking the village were gone and Orochimaru himself disappeared.

The village is in peace, for now.

Next, you must wonder why Sakura left Konoha.

Well. . .

Right after their battle against Orochimaru and Kabuto, Sakura talked to her teammates, teacher and also the Hokage.

"I want a new start." That's what she said. "I'll leave Konoha for a few months or years. But I'll be back. I just want to return when I finally got over everything that happened."

Thus, it resulted that Tsunade gave her approval towards Sakura's decision. It was confusing at first, really. But once you realize what she wants, you'd understand.

Well, she did lose her parents, got hostaged by Orochimaru and was instructed to kill her teammates. In addition, Konoha was also ambushed. It may affect people psychologically, but in Sakura's case, she just wanted to forget all the painful memories.

But fear not, she'll return.

All she need is a new start.

***

Three years later. . .

"Oi! Teme!" Naruto called out to his best friend, ramen inside his mouth.

Sasuke shook his head in annoyance and walked towards the Ichiraku Ramen Shop, sitting next to his blond teammate.

The ravenette ordered his own food and as soon as it was served, Naruto announced that he'll be paying for the two of them.

The blond Uzumaki proudly fished for his wallet inside his pockets but hell broke lose when he opened it.

It was empty, of course.

"On second thought, can you pay for us now, Sasuke? I promise I'll pay you back-"

"Nevermind." Sasuke grabbed his money and gave it to the owner of the shop.