Chapter Twenty-nine: I've Decided

Two weeks have passed ever since Jiraiya and Naruto met Tsunade. At first, Tsunade was reluctant to accept being the new Hokage. Nonetheless, after hearing that Hiruzen died—or more like, murdered by Orochimaru—she gradually accepted and obtained to be the Fifth Hokage.

Tsunade's assistant, Shizune, decided to move to Konoha as well which is a great advantage because Tsunade has this habit of drinking alcohol when stressed. And of course, Shizune herself may be able to calm Tsunade down.

A lot has happened.

From bad luck, death and threats... these villagers have finally found peace and union. After suffering from tons of bad events and murders—these people, at last, have managed to move forward and be able to get real blessings.

A perfect world, is it?

Maybe, maybe not.

After getting kidnapped, Sakura Haruno and her parents were sent back to their house without anyone knowing that they were taken captive by Orochimaru and Kabuto.

And right now...

"Sakura, here's some snacks." Mebuki Haruno said with a smile, handing some snacks to her pink-haired daughter. For some reason, Sakura's parents couldn't remember that they were kidnapped. But, it was actually an advantage to Sakura's side because it will prevent her mother and father from panicking or asking some questions.

Nodding, Sakura took the food and thanked her mother for it. She inwardly heaved a sigh, thinking. What could I do without my parents?

It's true that Sakura values her friendship with Naruto and Sasuke, but her parents were the hostages. What can she do? How can she decide?

She's confused, irritated and scared.

What was the right choice?

It's clear that Orochimaru can harm her loved ones once she doesn't do what he says, but... can she honestly kill her own teammates?

That's absurd. No way.

But still... Sakura sighed, massaging her temples. After eating some of her snacks, she hurriedly went to her room, locked it and looked at her bookshelf. She was about to pull a book but a letter near her window took her attention. The pinkette walked near it, taking the paper and reading it.

. . .

The Kusanagi, formerly known as Jigoku no Kiseki, is a curse mark granted to a person with powers and unique strength. The Otsubo clan was the one who possesses this cursed mark but some time later, it was considered that someone else who was not part of the said clan, can grant other people with Jigoku no Kiseki. A very different seal and ritual must be done in order to receive this power.

The Otsubo clan who lives in the Land of Waterfalls is known to be extinct in this point in time.

. . .

Sakura stared at the paper, confusion written in her face. No, this wasn't a letter. It was a ripped page in a book. A book about the ancient times, to be exact.

She badly needs someone from the Otsubo clan to explain to her what the Kusanagi is about. But what can she do even if she finds out about the curse mark's secret? Absolutely nothing.

Suddenly, an image of her parents popped in her head, with Kabuto in it, holding a kunai to Mebuki and Kizashi's necks. Sakura dropped the paper shakily, wordless of what's happening.

Composing herself, the pinkette spent a few minutes staring at her window. A tear rolled down her cheek in anxiety and uneasiness, kneeling down slowly. She covered her mouth with her hands as she sobbed in silence.

But with that silence, she managed to mutter, "I've decided. I can't let my parents get killed. I have to... do my mission."

******

I totally suck in this story lols. I just can't seem to make good chapters anymoreee //sigh

I'll just force myself to finish this. I'm sorry if it lacks creativity, I know it's random. School starts on June so... I'm probably going to be busy.

Dedicated to my onii-chan, shelovesyouforyou. I love you senpai <3