Chapter Fifteen: The Truth Behind The Uchihas

It was the next day. Itachi told Naruto and Sasuke to just get the plan in hand by tomorrow which is now today.

6:40 A.M- Dining room

         Mikoto Uchiha just finished washing the dishes. Itachi was heading out, but was intensively taken noticed by his father, Fugaku. "Going to work?" he asked. 

 Itachi sighed. 

        "Hai, tou-san," Itachi nodded. "Oh and by the way, I received 7,000 ryo* in three days which I gave to mom. Mom told me that you were somewhere that time, so I just gave it to her."

Fugaku nodded.

         "Itachi, why is Sasuke busy these past few days? The kid is not even working. He is just basically a student, a genin." 

Itachi breathed out.

         "One of his teammates, or should I say, friends, was kidnapped by Orochimaru."  he explained heavily. Fugaku just nodded, again. It is none of his concern, anyway. "Oh, and I will be going now, tou-san."

7:10 A.M- Hokage Tower 

        "You called, Sandaime-sama?" Itachi bowed down before the Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi. 

        Once more, the Konoha Elders were also there. The Hokage clasped his hands together, as he sat down his chair. "Itachi, I do hope that you know your responsibility." 

      The Elders, Homura Mitokado, Koharu Utatane, and Danzo Shimura looked amused upon Itachi. The Uchiha nodded without any hesitation. "Although, I ask for another explanation on why I should do what you want me to do." 

         Danzo cleared his throat. "We do this, in order to stop a war. We would not like that the Fourth Shinobi World War to occur so early right? I know that you are not familiar with the Third Shinobi World War, but the coup will only lead us to, of course, a war."

         "Coup?"

         "Indeed, you heard right."

The Hokage sighed.

        "The Konoha Council... suspects that the Uchiha clan was behind the Nine-Tail's ambush long ago since the Sharingan is the only thing that can control it." Hiruzen sprouted. "And not just that... we recently found out that your clan is planning to overthrow Konoha and in which, the Uchihas planned the coup, for another war."

Itachi was shocked. 

       His clan... is planning to overthrow Konoha? Why?

***

Ryo- it is the money in the naruto universe. 

I know its a late update and I am truly sorry. If anyone does not understand what "coup" is... better try searching it on Google. Its not the full code-name, but its hard to spell, so yeah.