Chapter sixteen

16. TEMPTING

As the brothers, minus Finn, were out doing their own respective tasks, Rebekah and Hayley were chilling in the living room, Rebekah nursing a glass of alcohol and Hayley sipping on some cartoned chocolate milk as they divulged in light conversation

Finn, who had allowed the girls some alone time and sparing his little sister a not so subtle suggestive smirk, was currently filing his way through different spell books : searching for a way to wake up his elder sister from when they retrieve her sleep spelled body.

Unsurprisingly, out of all of them Finn was the one who was trying the hardest of look for correct and efficient solutions seeing as he actually knew Freya and she was his obvious favourite sibling. And surprisingly, Klaus was working almost as hard, with his other tasks he needed to handle also, not doubt the guilt for locking his eldest brother in a coffin for a full nine centuries.

Elijah was extremely proud of his hybrid brother who's attitude towards everyone and everything had changed drastically with the she-wolf in their lives. He knew now more than ever that their family simply needed the pregnant werewolf with them, she completed them and so would the newest member in which she carried in her womb. The growing affection he had for the wolf was something he would normally push down and bottle up but it seemed actively impossible to do just that, because whenever he thought about it, she would pop in with that heart stopping smile and ask him to read to her or give him that adorable pout and her widening emerald eyes and ask for some food which she was to lazy to make for herself.

So, unknowingly, she had made the Mikaelson family dependent on her : they actually needed her and would never stop needing her until their last breath on this earth.

"You finished another?" Rebekah openly gaped as she watched Hayley drink yet another carton of chocolate milk in record time.

"Yes." Hayley blinked slowly. "My mouth works wonders." This is said with a cheeky smirk and wink.

Luckily for Rebekah, the she-wolf made her way to the nearest trash can as a crimson heat made its way to Rebekah's cheek and her mouth open and closed like a fish.

"I wouldn't know." The female original couldn't stop herself from commenting.

Hayley turned to the blonde again, arching her eyebrow inquiringly, "would you like to?" She asks, taking a few steps toward the Mikaelson girl.

"Possibly." Rebekah admitted, even as her mind screamed yes I bloody would.

A smirk slowly formed on her face as she took even more steps towards the blonde, their chests almost touching one another if it weren't for her growing bump, moving her head forward even more so her lips were almost touching Rebekah's, making said girl's breath hitch with anticipation.

"Well I would love to show you, sweetheart." Hayley's voice dropped seductively, and just as Rebekah was about to take a dangerous leap and attach her own lips to the brunette who constantly plagued her mind, the door harshly slammed open.

Hayley however made no move to move from her position that was completely invading Rebekah's personal space, not that the blonde minded in fact she was delighted about the fact more than anything.

Klaus, who had just walked in the door, paused abruptly in his steps when he witnessed the particularly comprising position that his sister and the girl he was growing fond of were in. His blue eyes narrowed dangerously and a fire erupted in them but he kept it tightly under control as his little wolf was still present.

With one last wink, she spun around coming face to face with the Original Hybrid and her mood changed from her seductive, yet playful previous one to joyous and bright.

"Hiya Nik." Hayley beamed at the original, sauntering over or him after giving Rebekah's cheek a quick kiss, she pulled short when she caught sight of the dried and crusted blood on his hands and clothes, some even in his hair, "what happened?" She growled slightly thinking if anyone had hurt him.

"Regular witch slaughter, you needn't worry lovely." Klaus said casually, though his heart warmed at her worrying for him and her initial protective instincts instead of reprimand for his actions that, by his appearance, were clearly less than nice.

Hayley nodded slowly, accepting the answer as she bound up to him and engulfed him in a hug, which caught him by surprise, but he quickly hugged her back, burying his face into the crook of her neck and allowing her scent to fill his senses and ease the tension in his muscles, his hands weaved throughout his little wolf's hair with such care and gentleness that shocked even himself. He closed his eyes in bliss as her hands ran in his curly blonde hair, before they pulled out of the hug much to his displeasure.

Again the door opened and Elijah and Kol entered looking rather pleased with themselves and there was a certain look in Kol's eyes after his interaction with the little witch that made Hayley smiles knowingly to herself and internally squeal -kolvina.

"So what happened with our little cutie?" Hayley questioned the two, referring to Davina.

"She- went a little mad at first and then.. she cried but in the end she accepted our help and would very much like to meet you, Hay." Kol informed.

"Aw, how sweet of the little cutie." Hayley giggled lightly, skipping over towards the two brothers who most recently entered and kissing both of their cheeks in greeting, before pulling back and dashing back towards the stairs, "right well I'm calling it a night, see ya bitches."
She blew a kiss as she walked backwards up the first few stairs before turning and walking properly up, humming a song under her breath.

"You've all got a bad case of the love bug." Kol taunted with a smirk as he watched his love struck siblings eyes' follow the pregnant hybrid up the stars with a certain soft, fond look.

"Sod off!"