Chapter forty two

42. HIGH FOR THIS

"I love this, this peace

"I love this, this peace." Davina breathed out contently as she leaned back into her lover's chest, his arms wrapped comfortably around her midsection.

'enjoy it while it lasts' Hayley thought bitterly even as she smiled softly toward the happy Claire witch : The Marshall woman was well aware that trouble always seemed to follow the Mikealsons around like a shadow forever lingering behind them only waiting to catch up with them.

"Me too." Freya smiled gently at the Claire witch, as she rested her head against her brother and best friends shoulder. She honestly could not ask for more than this, peaceful and loving moments with her family who she didn't even believe she would ever be able to meet but was eternally happy and grateful that she did.

"What did you wish for?" Hayley quizzed Elijah curiosity in her tone as she peered up at him through her lashes, they had ended up writing down wishes and throwing them into the fire exactly like in the show.

"Now that is a secret, sweetheart." Elijah smirked lightly at her pouty expression as he threw his written down wish into the burning fire.

"Look what I found." Rebekah cheered as she exited the house, holding up a Polaroid camera proudly. "We can add more to the photo album."

"Yes!" Davina squealed excitedly as Rebekah came over with the camera and everyone willingly posed for the photo.

Rebekah was the one to take the photo - standing in the front with a bright smile, next to her was Hayley who was leaning her head on the blonde's shoulder with her own goofy grin, then next to Hayley was Elijah who smiled at the camera with a hand on Hayley's bare arm, peeking her head over Hayley's shoulder was a adorably midway through a laugh Davina with Kol's arms around her waist and a cheeky smirk on his face. A little in front of Elijah was Klaus who smiled lightly at the camera with baby Hope on his hip as she tried to reach for the camera with her small hands. Freya stood by Klaus with a smile on her face and Camille and Finn stood of the side a bit, Finn resting his head on top of Camille's as she beamed.

"I wish Marcel were here." Hayley sighed, Marcel had been offered the chance to come but he had declined as he had other matters to attend to - them matters being a certain newly turned vampire who he was intrigued by to say the least, but nevertheless he was immensely grateful for the offer to come along on the trip.

"Yes well he choose his love interest over his family." Kol muttered dramatically, as Davina playfully slapped his arm with a fond smile.

"At least he's happy." Camille grinned as she watched the family interact, for one of the first times in a while - after the death of her twin brother - she felt as if she were a part of a family. "I know I am." She added as she snuggled into Finn's side further.

"The fucking cuteness." Davina squealed, snatching the camera out of Rebekah's grasp and snapping multiple photos of the new couple.

Later on in the evening, Hope was asleep upstairs along with Davina and Kol who had an early night - but everyone knew what really went down. Camille and Finn were fast asleep by now as well. Freya had gone out for the night, and everyone trusted her enough to be responsible and make her own decisions. Klaus and Elijah were also out of the house, having a brotherly bonding time with one another. So Rebekah and Hayley were the only ones who remained awake at the house.

"Oh, hi Bekah." Hayley smiled as she ran a hand through her wet hair, dressed in a tank top and sleeping shorts as she padded into the kitchen - jumping up onto the counter to sit on it.

"Hello, love." Rebekah smiled back, trying to keep her eyes on Hayley's own emerald eyes instead of gazing down at her curvy body which was on display for her - leaving little to the imagination.

"Can't sleep?" Hayley quizzed gently as she took a sip of Rebekah's bourbon, knowing the blonde wouldn't mind or care in general.

"No, I've got something on my mind." The Mikealson girl confirmed, her blue eyes discreetly looking over to the she-wolf who was obliviously drinking her alcohol as she swung her legs back and forth.

"Oh.. well what's bothering you, buttercup?" Hayley inquired, placing the bourbon down on the counter next to her as she arched a eyebrow at the visibly conflicted blonde.

Rebekah let out a small breath as she moved toward the Marshall woman, stopping just in front of her - if she moved a few small steps, Hayley's legs would be around her waist and their lips would be within a kissing distance.

"You." Rebekah mumbled boldly as she moved one more stop closer to the she-wolf, bravely daring to look deep into Hayley's alluring emerald eyes.

"Ah, well I'm sorry about that." Hayley mock pouted, tilting her head to the side and scooting forward further on the counter while leaning back on the palm of her hands.

"Fuck it." Rebekah cursed under her breath.

At the speed of lightning, Rebekah's hands went either side of Hayley's face, slamming their lips together in a positively intoxicating first kiss.

Hayley hummed into Rebekah's mouth, wrapping her legs firmly around the blonde's waist - running her hands through Rebekah's soft blonde hair. Rebekah let out a moan, feeling the addicting feel of Hayley's plump, warm, soft lips on her own - a feeling which she had only imagined - put her in a state of instant pleasure.

Rebekah sped the two of them upstairs, accidentally banging into some walls on the way in her daze of pleasure that only Hayley could put her in, but both of them in their lust driven state didn't care at all. The blonde hiked Hayley up further on her midsection, slamming her into the wall once they arrived in the bedroom.

Hayley immediately changed their position, pushing Rebekah down onto the plush bed and straddling her waist, smirking down at her while Rebekah whimpered with need, trying to reach up and touch Hayley only to have her pin her wrists above her head.

"Time to play." The brunette smirked, the shredding of clothes being heard, and boy oh boy would it be one long, loud night.