Chapter thirty five

35. DOWN FOR FOREVER

"Oh how I missed you

"Oh how I missed you." Hayley mumbled as she wrapped her arms around her now flat stomach, looking appreciatively at herself into the mirror and admiring her now back to normal body.

"You just gave birth." Elijah scolded seriously as he walked over to the she-wolf and guided her back into the nursery to sit in the rocking chair near Hope's crib.

"And you guys gave me vampire blood." Hayley protested rolling her eyes, ignoring the pleasurable sensation she received when his hands touched upon her bare skin.

"She has a fair point Elijah." Freya said as she looked over her adorable niece who looked back up at her with her big blue eyes and a toothless smile.

Elijah sighed as he let go of his hold on the new mother : making her frown as she found herself missing the feeling of his hands on her body, before she shook off the feeling.

"Hi there my little firefly." Hayley cooed gently as she tenderly picked up her daughter who immediately, contently curled up into her chest.

Elijah stood back a moment, watching the heartwarming mother daughter duo interact and he sighed lightly as his heart stung, knowing he wouldn't be able to give her the same thing his half-brother could - children.

"What's on your mind brother?" Freya quizzed as she came to step beside her younger brother who was leaning against the doorframe of the nursery.

"I- Nothing."

"If this is about your deep and complicated feelings for Hayley then I'm well aware of those." Freya hummed in amusement as her brother whipped around immediately to face her, startled.

"Is she aware of my feelings?" The suited original asked worriedly, referring to the werewolf mother who sat and played with her daughter, oblivious to herself being the main topic in their conversation.

"Oh, no she's isn't - she's absurdly oblivious." Freya sighed out.

"Good." Elijah nodded to himself, he didn't want his romantic feelings toward the mother of his niece to complicate their recently close knit family dynamic.

"I think you should talk to Niklaus and Rebekah." Freya hinted at something as she made her way out of the room, hoping her brother would take her advice.

"You alright?" Hayley quizzed as she looked up from her daughter eventually, spotting the almost troubled looking expression that was plastered upon his face.

"Perfectly fine." Elijah smiled convincingly as he walked toward the Marshall woman and his niece, kissing both of them on the forehead.

The pair of them turned when they heard a click from the doorway, looking toward a sheepish Davina who stood there, having taken a Polaroid photo of the scene which she found absolutely adorable and wholesome.

"Let me guess - that's going in the photo album?" Hayley inquired in amusement, she'd seen and suggested the idea of the masterpiece which was the photo album and she couldn't wait for her daughter to grow up and look back and for them to look back over the past together.

"Oh you know it." Davina nodded, she'd definitely have to buy a second photo album soon with all the photos she'd taken and put into the first album recently.

"Come on." Hayley beckoned Davina over as she handed the little witch the baby in return for the Polaroid camera, "let's get Hope a picture with her godmother."

Davina beamed at this, just like she had done when she'd initially been told, and she posed with the Mikealson miracle baby while Hayley took photos.

Davina, Rebekah and Freya were all named the godmothers of Hope - even though they'd be her aunts either way (blood or not).

"I love your daughter." Davina gushed as Hayley stopped taking photos and she handed Hope back to Hayley.

"I do too." Hayley chuckled as she bounced her daughter lightly while kissing the top of her head in a display of affection.

Just then, the nursery doors open and a frantic looking Kol enters the room, immediately going over toward his girlfriend and pulling her into a short kiss.

"Not to interrupt this wholesomeness." Kol started as he pulled his lips away from Davina's, "But its Esther.. she's back."

"Motherfucker." Hayley instantly swore as put Hope down in her crib and let out a growl, her eyes turning into a glowing yellow colour and the wind picking up outside as a show of her anger. She wouldn't let anything happen to her daughter. Not ever.