Chapter twenty six

26. UP AND AT 'EM BABE

The door bell for the door at the front of the house ringing managed to catch the attention of the current occupants of said house

The door bell for the door at the front of the house ringing managed to catch the attention of the current occupants of said house. Patient knocking was once again heard shortly after the doorbell went of causing the people inside the house to sigh in annoyance.

The originals, minus Kol, and Hayley were all sitting in the living room playing cards. It was the werewolf's idea as she had grown bored and there wasn't a lot she could do, or there wasn't a lot the overly protective originals would allow her to do, while being five months pregnant.

Out of curiosity, Hayley placed down her cards on the coffee table they were playing on and stood up with slight difficulty before making her way over to the front door with the originals shortly following behind her in case of any potential threat.

When they opened the door, the humans which were compelled to retrieve Freya Mikaelson had returned, each of them having a hold on a old looking glass coffin with a currently unrecognisable figure inside of  it.

"Come in." Hayley rushed to say as her eyes widened in retaliation. She was rather eager to reunite the eldest Mikealson sibling with her family, because after all Freya has been through she most definitely deserves that ; plus the she-Wolf knew it was Freya's very own dream to rekindle a healthy, loving relationship with her family, the family which she had longed after for centuries on end.

"Is that..?" Finn trailed off in question, looking down intently at the slightly blurry figure in the fogged up casket : with the lid of the coffin being purely glass, albeit fogged up, he could make out blonde hair and various features which sparked slight recognition in his brain. It had been over a millennium since he last saw his sister.

"Yep." Hayley grinned up at the mikaelsons, Finn in particular knowing how much he has dearly missed his big sister over the devastatingly long time they've had apart from each other. She was genuinely hoped that perhaps some of the void she knew that the eldest brother felt could be filled by his elder sister, his bestfriend.

Magically summoning a wipe, she wipes down the top of the glass lid so the family could get a better look at their oldest sibling.

As Freya's appearance was revealed to them, none of the Mikaelsons could deny the clear resemblance between Freya, Rebekah and Niklaus.

"How will this work?" Finn asked though his gaze barely tore away from his sister for even a second, the weight of her loss crashing down harder on him.

Before Hayley could answer a extremely chipper Kol skipped into the room, whistling with each step he took.

"Afternoon Fa-" Kol started only to stop short and blink in confusion as he looked at the coffin on the table. "Now, i am all for kidnapping but this- this is exceedingly strange."

Rolling her eyes, Rebekah dragged Kol over to the coffin so he could get a better look at the woman inside, their long lost sister.

"Hang on- I know her, she was my.. date to a party before you and Eli stuck a dagger in my heart, Nik." Kol exclaimed.

'sweet home Alabama'  Hayley thought but kept her mouth shut as it wouldn't be the appropriate time for such a comment.

"There, there." Hayley awkwardly patted Kol's back as the other originals looked between amused and positively disgusted.

"Well as long as you didn't.. kiss.. then nothing really happened.." Finn tried to reassure his youngest brother.

Kol, looking a little less green in the face, nodded his head and let out a swift sigh of relief.

"Anyway." Hayley clapped her hands together, "as you asked Finn, I have to break the link between your evil aunt and Freya, I'll do that by, like with Davina and the Ancestors, imagining a link with a rope or something along those lines and snapping that in half. Siphoning would also work but we don't have a siphon anywhere here so.."

"Will there be any side effects?" Klaus asked worriedly, looking intently at his baby mama and the woman he had managed to develop increasingly strong feelings for over the course of these five months and a bit. If anything happened to either the she-Wolf of their child he didn't think he'd be able to endure that emotional torment.

"No, no, there won't be." Hayley reassured the hybrid almost immediately, her heart warming at the thought of him worrying about her an their child.

"Please be careful and if your in any pain no matter how much stop the spell." Elijah pleaded yet commanded at the same time, his voice taking a slightly more dominant tone and Hayley would be lying if she said it didn't slightly turn her on.

"I will." Hayley smiled softly at all of them, their genuine worry for her well being managing to bring out affectionate feelings in her which she rarely experiences for anyone.

With one last reassuring smile, Hayley turned back to the glass coffin, placing her hands gently on the lid and murmuring quiet incantations under her breath which eventually picked up in volume and the atmosphere around them changed to more harsh weather.

Stumbling slightly with her eyes closed, Hayley carried on chanting even as a small pinching pain entered the back of her mind, her pushed to break the link between Dahlia and the eldest mikaelson sibling, in which by doing so would bring her out of her slumber.

And as the winds and chanting died down, the coffin lid flew open and the blonde beauty sat up sharply with a large gasp.