Chapter twenty four

24. SLEEPING BEAUTY

"Your Boyfriends here for you, H!" Josh's teasing voice rung out throughout the apartment, the two girls - one witch and one hybrid - gossiping and snacking on the cozy grey sofa

"I don't have a boyfriend." Hayley replied back even as she made her way to the front door where her newbie vamp friend stood.

"My bad, your baby daddy's here." Josh corrected in the same teasing tone, completely aware of the deep affections the original hybrid held towards his friend and how utterly oblivious she was toward the matter.

"Well hello stranger." Hayley grinned, leaning against the door frame, resting her hands lightly over her four, approaching five, month pregnancy belly.

"Hello love." Klaus smiled back softly, one would think such a fond and affectionate expression was extremely rare for the original hybrid to be wearing but with the Marshall girl around him it was an extremely common occurrence. He took a moment to admire her, she clearly hadn't tried to look 'good' but she was just an effortlessly beautiful person, that much was clear to anyone.

"Are we gonna to go.. or..?" Hayley asked, puzzled when she saw the look of fondness swirling within Klaus's ocean blue eyes ; for a moment she felt like she was hallucinating it but when it didn't disappear she become convinced she was viewing it correctly.. the baby, the fondness must be for their child..

"Right." Klaus cleared his throat, realising he had been staring for way to long, "Let's go then, love."

Hayley simply smiled up at him, willing herself to forget the affection she caught a glimpse of as he looked at her as she accepted his offered hand and they walked toward the car Klaus had driven.

"Hola Mikealsons." Hayley beamed at the rest of the Mikaelson family as she and Klaus made their way into the mansion, both of them taking seats on the sofa next to each other, the original hybrid even reaching over and wrapping a arm around her shoulder.

"Bonjour." Kol piped up, waving at the she-wolf as she sat down, and she returned the wave equally as enthusiastically.

"We have located Freya." Finn immediately said once everyone was in the same room, instantly breaking up the fun and playful attitude that the room had set in on default. "Here coffin is arriving in a few days, if I'm correct."

"Okay, well, If so guys we have to have a story time session." Hayley spoke.

"Well take the stage, doll." Rebekah said, knowing that this was probably going to be some sort of big news with Hayley's visions of the future and what not.

"We've already established that Freya is alive and well, but that's not that whole story. Dahlia your evil aunt, made a deal with your mother ; see, your mother was barren and she pleaded with your aunt Dahlia to help her as she herself had grown out of witchcraft, Dahlia agreed but not without cost. She demanded that every Mikaelson first born would be given to her, as a source of power. And that's what she's been using Freya as, a power battery of sorts with a magical link that allows your aunt to use Freya's combined with her own. Dahlia who wanted to be immortal and at maximum strength, placed a sleeping spell on herself and by default your sister too, they sleep for a century and have one single year of life were they will be at full strength. When this baby is born and Dahlia inevitably wakes up she'll want to take our child and use it as a power battery."

Everyone sat in complete silence for a bit as they proceeded the information, stuck in their own thoughts.

"So if Freya wakes so will Dahlia." Finn summarised sadly, he was previously ecstatic to get the sibling he had missed forever back, but he wouldn't dare risk the life of his niece or his siblings.

"Yes, but, if I can unlink them then we can wake Freya without consequence, and while your malicious aunt is sound asleep we can find her and murder her- but we need a specific weapon for that." Hayley informed.

"What weapon?" Kol asked the she-wolf.

"The only weapon that can truly murder your aunt Dahlia ; blood of the person that hurt her most, your mother, Viking ash and soil from her home land." Hayley said.

"Well we can easily get the soil, I have Esthers blood and Mikael's ashes." Klaus shrugged casually.

"You do?!" Hayley exclaimed in surprise, this would make everything and her scheming and shit ton of a lot easier.

"Yes, from my victory against Mikael I wanted proof of it so I had some previously loyal hybrids collect his ashes and I have that tucked away safely. As for Esthers blood, it's in my possession along with her body." Klaus stated.

"Okay, this makes everything a lot easier." Hayley breathed out. "Let's get to scheming then shall we, mi amigos."