Chapter forty eight

48. WATCH YOUR BACK

"What's that?" Hayley asks as she walks over to her beloveds, Elijah holding a formal looking letter in his hands and staring down at it in displeasure

"The strixs are throwing a party which on behalf of Tristan and Aurora, we have been invited to." Elijah replied smoothly, he would prefer for her not to be in attendance in case of any danger but he wasn't about to lie to her.

"I'm coming with." Hayley smiled innocently, she wasn't about to let any of her loves attend this without her because she knew who the potential threats were, but if Lucien Castle is there then she will have an extremely hard time not adding to her kill count.

"Shouldn't you stay, maybe you can set up another play date for Hope, Erica and Amaya." Rebekah suggests, trying to divert the she-wolfs attention away from the strix party.

Hayley had made many trips out to the bayou after they finally defeated Dahlia and they built Eve a proper homey cabin in the bayou just as she wanted so she can raise the little girls. Erica and Amaya were now two years old and both of them were quite clingy to Eve, not that the platinum haired woman minded in the slightest - if anything she was overjoyed. The twins both called Hayley Auntie Hayley and with the little words she could speak, Hope called Eve Auntie Eve in a mushed up one year old sort of way.

"You can do it just as well as I can." Hayley shrugged, raising an eyebrow at Rebekah as if challenging her to disobey her.

"As long as you stay with one of us." Klaus bargained, knowing the brunette wouldn't give up that easily being as stubborn as she is and even if they said she couldn't go he predicted that she wouldn't listen anyway.

"Perfect." Hayley clapped her hands together with a smirk before she went back up the stairs, planning on getting a head start at getting ready for tonight's party.

"Does she even know the power she holds over them?" Camille asked in amusement as she turned to her lover who seemed to be just as amused as her.

"No I don't believe she does, my love." Finn chucked lightly as he looked down at the blonde who blushed in a shade of pink at the term of endearment and leaned back further into his embrace.

"The hot couple has arrived." Kol announced dramatically as he walked into the compound with his arm snugly wrapped around Davina's waist.

"If only your dick was the size of your ego, Davina might look happier right now." Hayley teased as she walked back into the room because she forgot her phone : her eyes on the grumpy Davina.

Kol's mouth instantly fell open as he sputtered while Davina choked on air and everyone did a poor job at hiding their laughter.

"I'm in a mood because he stole my last chicken nugget.. not because of.." Davina huffed awkwardly as her cheeks turned red in embarrassment.

"Sure honey." Hayley smirked teasingly as she once again disappeared up the stairs, this time with her phone.

"Stay gone you foul bale of hay!" Kol shrieked, glaring at the she-wolfs retreating figure as she merely laughed.

Later on, the mikaelsons who had decided to attend the strix party were all ready and waiting on Hayley to come downstairs so they could all leave.

And then, like in one of those totally cliche romance films, Hayley made her way down the stairs and Rebekah, Elijah and Klaus all felt like the air was knocked out of their lungs.

Hayley was dressed in a red, floor length off the shoulder ball gown - the waist area was cinched in and the lower part went out elegantly, the top half was tight and it pushed her breasts up. Her brunette hair was half up, half down braid crown with the majority of her wavy hair cascading down her back. Her plump lips were painted the same colour red as the dress and other than mascara she wore no other makeup.

"I am so lucky to call you mine." Rebekah whispered to herself as Hayley approached, beaming beautifully at all of them.

"Hiya." The she-wolf uttered, looking them all over unashamedly and giving them all sweet, passionate kisses before taking Elijah's and Klaus's arm as Rebekah hooked one her arms through Elijah's as well.

"You look absolutely radiant, dear." Elijah smiled softly at the woman he loved after he snapped out of his stupor. God, she never ceased to amaze him.

"He's right, lovely." Rebekah smiled at the brunette, looking at her with so much love that Hayley honestly thought she might be dreaming for a hot minute.

"You all look great as well." Hayley said truthfully as she smiled, the three of them were all sinfully attractive and she would happily continue to tell them just that.

The boys were both in suits and they looked dashing, as always, and Rebekah was in a black satin mermaid dress with her blonde hair left curled and cascading down her back beautifully.

"If there is any sign of danger, love, leave immediately." Klaus instructed the brunette strictly who discreetly rolled her emerald eyes fondly but nodded nonetheless.

"Let's get going then."