Chapter sixty one

61. TO BREAK IT DOWN

The muttering of incantations

Fast approaching footsteps.

A rapid gust of whizzing air.

A dull and resounding thud echoed throughout the suspense and tension filled air — the wooden floorboards creaking loudly underneath the weight of the fallen body.

"While this seems fun and all.. I do know what could be more fun." Hayley Marshall suddenly appeared a bloodthirsty and slightly unhinged smile stretching across her red painted lips.

"I love the way you think, Hay bale." Kol Mikealson also appeared out of thin air. A shark-like grin twitching his lips upwards and the hollow followers shivered in fright.

Hayley and Kol shared a malicious smirk before taking off either side of the room and knocking all of them unconscious — they were going to pull them in for a friendly chat.

"Are the kids okay?" Hayley questioned immediately upon seeing Finn and Camille walk downstairs. "Are you both okay?"

"We're fine. Everyone's fine." Camille breathed out stressfully, staring at the unconscious bodies of the witches with a vengeful glint in her usually kind eyes.

"But they're not about to be." Kol whistled excitedly, looking down at the unconscious bodies and practically jumping up and down where he stood.

• • •

Later, they had tied all of the hollows followers down to chairs with spelled ropes in the garage that Camille and Finn had out the back of their house and further into the forest.

"Why did you do it?" Hayley asked, her knife running gently down of the men's cheek as a silent warning. "Who was your target?"

The man said nothing instead he merely spat on Hayley with the look of upmost hatred in his eyes.

Hayley paused, clenching her jaw and slowly wiping off his spit with the sleeve of her jacket.

"I'm done playing nice."

With that, she took two arrows out of Camille's weapon stash and shoved both of them in either side of his body but made sure not to puncture any major organs.

"Now you can start talking.. or I can play a nice little game of who can stab the most arrows in the crusty man with my good friend Kol over there. What option would you prefer?"

Kol waved excitedly over at the tied down and petrified man, at the sound of his name being mentioned, a killer smirk on his lips.

The man, paralysed by fear, said absolutely nothing.

"Alright then have it your way. Kol if you could please-"

"The blonde." The tied down man interrupted. "We were after the blonde." He nodded his head to Camille who stood in the door way.

Kol pouted sadly as he placed down the bucket of arrows he'd picked up — wishing the man didn't answer so he could torture him.

"And why's that?" Hayley narrows her eyes into a fierce and deadly glare but a sickly sweet smile was painted onto her blood stained lips.

"S-shes your weakest link." He explained shakily. "W-we sought to use her a-as leverage over you."

Hayley raised her eyebrows in what one could decipher as amusement before she turned her head over her shoulder to face the blonde woman in question — "Cami, darling, why don't you show him just how weak you are, hmm?"

Cami's lips upturned into a smirk — a deadly one which was rare to see on her lips — and she stalked over toward the man. "Sure, Hayley, I'll do just that."

Normally she'd be against committing violence herself but she was so wrapped up in her anger. This man and his friends, had endangered her life. Had endangered her children's lives. So.. in this case, violence wasn't her enemy.. it was her friend.

"I'm a normally nice person." She began as she crouched to eye level with the man. "But in certain circumstances.. even an Angel can take the form of a devil."

And without warning, she punched the man right in the face — a sickening snap sounding throughout the garage.

"Did you have a backup plan?" Hayley titled her head in question as she strode over to another man — letting Cami do whatever she pleased with the other one.

The man, also paralysed by dread and terror, remained mute and kept his eyes on Camille punching the living daylights out of one of their own.

Hayley tutted, her fingers grasping his jaw tightly so he'd make eye contact with her. "I said, did you have a backup plan?" She repeated slowly.

His response was a shaky, barely noticeable nod.

"And that was..?" She pressed on — making a silent threat as she ran her finger along the blade of the knife in her hand.

"A-a-attacking the umm ol-older witch.. Lenore."

Kol saw red.

In an instant, Kol replaced Hayley's place in front of then man and his hand was wrapped around his neck in a vice grip. Watching with a sick satisfaction as the oxygen in his system drained away and the life inside him did to.

"What do you say we do with them, partner in crime?" Hayley smirked as she swung the knife in her hand around — letting out a maniac laugh with her head thrown back gracefully.

"Kill them all. Slowly and painfully."

"It would be an honour."