Chapter twenty

20. EVIE BEAN

Hayley Marshall sat with her back against the wall of the cabin, her full sketch pad in her lap as she worked on drawing the slightly tatty pairing that rest on the opposite wall

Hayley Marshall sat with her back against the wall of the cabin, her full sketch pad in her lap as she worked on drawing the slightly tatty pairing that rest on the opposite wall. The two siblings had gone outside to watch for any possible danger or the woman that Hayley had described.

Hayley had always had a passion for drawing or art in general. It provided her with a sense of mind, of calmness. She remembered her little niece always pestering her to draw pictures of her, she remembered drawing of portrait of her first ever lover or drawing a picture of her Bestfriend and her first girlfriend because they asked. So while it brought some sadness to the surface at the fact she wouldn't see them again, it also gave her a sense of wholeness and happiness.

"Hayley!" The Mikaelson siblings call broke her from her concentration and thoughts, poking her head up, she sees Eve outside and doesn't waist a second before rushing out.

"Hey, guys let go of her." Hayley gently commanded, "hi, Eve, were not her to hurt you." She said, showing the platinum blonde her crescent birth mark to reassure her.

Eve paused in her actions when she saw the birthmark, she takes in the girls appearance and doesn't really recognise her from anywhere, perhaps she was the long lost daughter in the labonair line. Her gaze falls upon her prominent baby bump and her eyes widen, if she was correct about her being the labonair daughter, she was pregnant with someone other than her betrothed.

"..Andrea?" Eve hesitates in asking, she had read the name over and over in the book of the Labonair family tree, she hoped that Andrea was going to be their saviour, rid her people of the curse that Marcel had gave them out of spite.

"Yeah, I go by Hayley now though." The Marshall girl corrected with a soft, comforting smile.

Eve eyed the Original vampires wearily, she could see clear as say that they care deeply for her pack mate, her female alpha, this would any make it harder for Andrea's betrothed to actually marry the Labonair girl. She could see clearly from the way the girl held herself that she was a fighter and that she kept her guard up most of the time.

"Here, I have something you'd like to see." Hayley beckoned Eve over, who hesitantly came as the eyes of the Mikaelson siblings followed her intently. "There you are, the cure for.. our pack." She said handing over the jar.

Eve slightly gaped, eyes flickering between the jar and Andr-Hayley, she girl had the most causal attitude when handing her a completely life changing thing. She couldn't be more grateful than she was to have this girl as her alpha.

"You have to give this to them on a full moon." Hayley mused, smiling slightly at Eve's disbelief and happiness.

"T-Thank you." Eve breathes out gratefully.

"No biggie." Hayley laughed lightly.

"Umm, would you like to stay, here?" Evie asked.

Rebekah and Elijah both visibly tensed up. They, like their brother, were scared that the she-wolf would simply leave them and never return when she found her true blood family, her pack. And while they would be completely and utterly heartbroken by it, they would never take away her potential chance at pure happiness with her people, her kind.

"Sorry, I will be back some other time but I'm a very busy gal." Hayley smiled apologetically, missing the way that both Originals relaxed as she uttered these words.

"That's fine. Don't be a stranger." Eve smiled at the Labonair decedent, engulfing her in a quick hug which Hayley returned briefly before they both pulled away from one another.

"Bye Evie Bean." Hayley grinned, laughter in her voice, before she walked to the originals, grabbed their hands, and made their way out of the bayou together.

"Wow." Evie blinked, she had just came and gave her something that would change her life in the most casual way possible, her thoughts got sucked back into Hayley's betrothed, she was actually worried for Jackson's safety because it was extremely obvious that the originals would do practically anything for Hayley even if she didn't know. So she wouldn't put murdering her betrothed out of jealously out of reach for them.

Meanwhile, Marcel was sat in his compound, nursing some bourbon, his posture relaxed as his vampire lackeys conversed around him, if they weren't needed for any fights he allowed them to entertain themselves in non lethal ways to anyone.

"Marcel, we got a witch slaughter on our hands, most of the coven wiped out and burned to ash so they couldn't be concentrated, in their own place of work, karma if you ask me." Thierry spoke.

"Any trace of who did it?" Marcel asked.

"Nah, nothing, only thing left is the ashes and blood in own of the vaults." Thierry shrugged.

"Interesting." Marcel commented.

His thoughts were back to being about the Mikaelson family. His last encounter with them had him spooked and questioning things, where the other two known to be deceased brothers actually back from the dead or was it some kind of powerful mind trick, if so they'd need a witch and the witches are all dead now, and after some questioning Davina said that she never felt any use of magic so the Mikaelsons might have a witch on their side that's more powerful than his witch. That inspired dread and terror. His mind went back to the girl he briefly caught a small glimpse off and how Josh spoke to her. He definitely needed to do some digging.