Chapter 8

Ten's POV

"Oh, she actually responded!" Yangyang exclaims in excitement, clapping his hands together. I nod, re-reading the sign. It does indeed say "Meow".

I take another sheet of paper from my desk and pause with my marker in my hand. "Should I introduce Louis and Leon as a response?"

Yangyang nods. "Yeah, sure!"

I settle on "Hi, we're Louis and Leon", then carefully remove the first sheet of paper and tape the second one up. I also make sure not to reveal my face to the person, because well, that could result in terrible things.

Just then, Hendery jumps into the room. "Hey, what are you two doing?"

"Talking to a neighbor!" Yangyang responds excitedly. "See? Louis and Leon were looking at a cat, so we decided to talk to her!"

As expected, Hendery doesn't even question our actions. "Oh, cool. Anyways, do you guys want to watch a movie as a group?"

"Sure!" I respond as Yangyang, too, agrees to it. "Give me a second, though." The two leave the room, chattering as they always do.

I glance out the window, wanting to wait and see whether or not the girl is going to respond to my most recent sign. Yet five minutes later, there's still no response.

"She must be busy or something," I say to myself. "I guess I'll just leave." I hesitate for a moment, considering whether or not I should stay for a while longer, then decide that movie time is more important. I don't even know why I'm so attached to this mystery cat owner.

I know absolutely nothing about her, except for the fact that she has a cat and lives in the building right next to ours. Well, I have a general idea of what she looks like, and she's quite pretty, but nothing else.

Hopefully, I can get to know her better.

A cold breeze flows into my room, making me shiver. I glance at Louis and Leon, still on my table with their heads in the window, and decide to leave it open for them.

After all, I'll be in the living room, so they can do whatever they want in this cold room.

~Time Skip~

"That was actually a pretty good movie marathon," I comment, standing up from my place on the couch. We ended up watching quite a few movies, as well as having dinner on the couch.

It was really refreshing, spending time with WayV and Chunmei like this. I love my job as an idol, but we all need breaks sometimes, and this break is definitely one that I'm enjoying.

Chunmei laughs. "Yeah, at least we didn't watch any scary movies. Ten, remember that time a few weeks ago when I just met you all and we watched a horror movie? You were in the kitchen 'making popcorn' for so long-"

"Yeah, we don't need to talk about that," I laugh, remembering my fear. "I wasn't the only one scared, though. You were literally hiding behind Winwin for the majority of the movie."

"And we don't need to talk about that either," Chunmei laughs. She pulls her phone out to check the time, then announces, "Alright, it's time to sleep."

"Wait, it's only midnight!" Lucas exclaims in protest.

Kun shakes his head, stacking a couple of empty food containers on the table. "Which is time to sleep. We're supposed to utilize this break to get some rest."

"Exactly," Chunmei agrees. "Look, you're yawning already. Let's all go to sleep and rest well for these two weeks. I mean, we won't force you to sleep, but it'd be nice."

I almost voice my protest, then remember that I have something I want to see in my room. "Alright, let's all go sleep." Kun gives me a look, as I'm not usually one to suggest sleeping, but he lets it slide.

Calls of "Good night!" ring out as we all retreat to our own rooms. Lucas and I retreat to our room. He notices the sign in my window and asks, "What's that doing there? Did I miss something earlier?"

"Yeah, Yangyang and I were talking to a neighbor," I explain, walking over to the window. There are now two signs in the other window with words that I can barely make out in the moonlight.

"Hi, I'm Luna," one of the says, and the other, "It's getting cold, but I'll be back tomorrow."

"Looks like I missed it," I sigh, a little disappointed. "I'll just leave a sign out overnight and hope she still responds in the morning."

Lucas watches as I make a third sign. "What's the point of doing this again?"

I shrug. "It's fun. She seems nice, too. And the cat, of course. For Louis and Leon."

"Alright, then," Lucas laughs. "I'm gonna go shower now, I'll be back soon."

"Mhm," I respond, twirling my pen as I consider what to write. I decide on "Sorry I missed that. You'll probably see this in the morning, so... Good Meowning!"

After going through my nightly routine, I finally lay down to rest, excited for the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOOD MEOWNING
alright that was bad pls forgive me-

Thanks for reading!