Chapter 31

Yeona's POV

I have no idea what Tae is even doing right now, but I'm just going to go along with it. He really just suggested trading pets and living together, so I'm just going to not understand and move on from that statement.

Seriously though, Louis, Leon, and Luna are playing favorites. Maybe they're all tired of their own owners... That would be really funny.

We decide that it's already time for Luna to learn a new trick. The next one we're teaching her is "Other Paw", which I think she should learn in a pretty short amount of time.

The training process is similar to the one for "Paw". We just help her to perform the trick, then prompt her to do the trick, then wait for her to do it herself.

Turns out, training cats is way more rewarding than I expected it to be. It's so satisfying to watch Luna gradually get better at the tricks until she eventually masters them, to see the progress that comes with going over tricks every day.

"Alright, let's stop before they become fat... I mean big," I suggest, once we've gone through "Other Paw" a few times. Luna's doing quite well with it, probably because of its similarity to "Paw".

"Exactly, before she becomes big. I see that you've learned from the words of the master," Tae laughs. 

A rare smile appears on my face at his joke, a smile that's somehow becoming more and more common. The jokes that he makes are so bad and good at the same time. "Yeah yeah, whatever you say."

We clean up the treats and return them to Tae's full drawer of treats, then sit on the floor while Louis, Leon, and Luna play together. I'm pretty sure that I hear a little shuffling outside the door, but assume that it's just their dog.

"They're just playing, right?" I ask, watching as Luna attacks Louis and then jumps away. I really hope that she isn't being aggressive. "Luna hasn't really played with other cats before, and I can't tell if she's really trying to hurt them-"

"Don't worry, they're just playing," Tae assures me. "Trust me, Louis and Leon play like this all the time. They're not hissing or anything, they're taking turns attacking one another, and their claws are sheathed.

I smile with relief. "Wow, thank you, Cat Expert Tae."

He dramatically bows, then sits up and brushes a lock of hair to the side. "Yes, Cat Expert Tae has a nice ring to it. Louis and Leon are... well... chaotic."

I nod, directing my gaze towards my cat again. "I'm not too surprised. This apartment seems very chaotic in the first place, not that it's a bad thing-" 

As soon as the words leave my mouth, I hear a loud knock on the door, then something that I can only describe as the embodiment of chaos.

"Why did you do that?"
"It was an accident!"
"Move your elbow off my face-"
"Gimme some space, please!"
"Gimme gimme-"
"Gimme that nectar! Gimme that gimme that-"
"It's not the time to play song association-"
"Did you guys forget that we couldn't-"
"Shush, they're inside-"
"They probably heard the whole thing!"

I turn towards Tae, a confused look on my face. His expression is a mixture of embarrassment, annoyance, and amusement.

Even Louis, Leon, and Luna have temporarily stopped playing. I direct my attention back to Tae, then ask, "What exactly was that?"

"Guys, we know you're out there. If you're gonna eavesdrop, at least do it right," Tae sighs. His words are followed by the sound of a door opening, and then seven people file into the room.

Before I can even greet them, they're started their talking again.

"I told you guys not to-"
"I knew this wasn't a good idea!"
"It would have been a success-"
"Yeah, whatever you say."
"That was so boring, I didn't even get any tea."
"I know, right?"

The one that looks the oldest out of them all turns towards me, completely disregarding the rest of them. "Nice to meet you, Yeona."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

chaotic wayv, what's new

Thanks for reading!