Chapter 26

Ten's POV

Wow, I really just exposed my fear of fruits to Yeona. She'd better not start using this against me, or I'm going to use her fear of balloons right back against her.

It's kind of funny, the way we're both terrified of the most random things. I don't think I've ever met someone scared of balloons. Then again, I hate fruits, so I shouldn't be talking. Though, I'd say that both of our fears are perfectly justified.

I'm now 99.99% certain that Yeona has no idea who I am, unless she's secretly an amazingly talented actor, which I doubt she is. I mean, it's pretty obvious that I'm Ten from NCT, especially because she knows what I look like, knows what Louis and Leon look like, and knows that I have a fear of fruits. And even after all this, she hasn't shown any sign of recognizing me.

This means that I can let myself free and talk to her as a normal person, without my identity as an idol burdening me. Let's go.

"So, you're into dancing and art?" Yeona asks after our conversation about our ridiculous fears.

I nod, not even concerned that she brought up my "hobby" of dancing. Or, rather, my career. I won't explicitly tell her that I'm an idol, but there's no harm in discussing dance. "Yeah, I've been dancing for a while."

"Oh, that's really cool. You seem to have a lot of hobbies," she laughs.

"It would take me a long time to name all of the things I like," I respond. "I'm just really into music, and then there's a variety of random things that I enjoy doing."

Yeona nods, watching as Luna gets up from her spot between us. Before I know it, she's settled down in my lap, about to fall asleep again. "Wow, Luna really does like you," Yeona remarks, reaching over to stroke Luna's black and white fur.

"I guess she does. One day she's going to pick me over you and I'll have to adopt her with Louis and Leon," I joke.

"Yeah, sure. She'd never reject her honorary food supplier," Yeona responds with a laugh. "Honestly though, my lifestyle is pretty boring, and also very repetitive. You can ask the cat."

"I mean, having a stable lifestyle is great," I point out. "You always know where you have to be at certain times."

She looks down, mindlessly tapping her foot. "That's true. It does get a little boring, but thanks for coming over today for a change."

I smile. "Of course."

Our conversation flows smoothly, transitioning from topic to topic. Most of them are super random, but that's what makes talking fun. And I'm enjoying every second of it.

Before I know it, we've been talking for a full hour and a half. Time really flew by fast. I recall Yeona leaving to cook lunch at about this time yesterday. I should probably head out so I don't fully interrupt her schedule.

I'm slightly reluctant to leave, but I know I need to get home before Kun and Chunmei start getting concerned that I've been kidnapped by my new friend.

"Well, I should get going before my friends start spamming me with texts," I suggest, gently working my arms under Luna and relocating her from my lap to the couch.

Yeona nods. "Yeah, that would be a good idea." I can't tell, but I think she might sound a little disappointed that I'm leaving.

"Well, I had a lot of fun today. We should do this again sometime," I tell her, pulling on my shoes.

"Yeah, same. I'll keep training Luna, and maybe we can let her meet Louis and Leon next time, considering how well she gets along with you," she responds, taking Luna's paw and waving it in the air.

I nod, swinging her door open and stepping into the corridor. "Bye! Thank you!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!