Chapter 27

Yeona's POV

Well, that just happened.

Not gonna lie, I'm lowkey proud of myself for socializing for once, but even more impressed that I managed to enjoy the experience. I was actually refreshed by it. Again, I feel like the reason is that Tae is just an easy person to talk to.

I have a weird feeling that he only left out of consideration for my schedule, which was nice of him. Funny thing is, I actually wanted to talk for longer, but I suppose I need to start making lunch and heading off to work.

As I'm warming up my leftovers, I can't help but appreciate the change in my schedule. For the first time since summer break started, I've done something other than draw in the morning.

And it was nice.

~Time Skip~

I walk into the café, a small spring in my step. For some reason, I feel like the shop is busier than it normally is. There's an unusual buzz in the air, and it's all radiating from one person.

She's sort of a new worker, someone who has only been here for a month. I've never really spoken to her. She's just got too much energy for my liking and talks far too much. I'm unsure how the others feel about her, but it's not like I need to know.

Today, it seems like she's talking even more than normal. As I pass by her and the worker she's talking to, I can't help but listen in to the conversation for a moment. It's just too loud to ignore.

"Wait, Haeyoung, calm down and explain things to me again?"
"I managed to get a full day shift!"
"And why is that so exciting?"
"It means that I can be here for the whole day!"
"No, why is the fact that you're here for longer exciting?"
"It means that I'll never miss the members."
"What members?"

I move into the back room, already bored of the conversation that I can't even understand. My head is filled with thoughts, as it always it.

"Alright, I'm here," I tell my coworker, approaching the cash register. She nods, moving aside and allowing me to take the next order.

Throughout my time in the café, Haeyoung continues blabbering to anyone who's willing to listen to her. She's talking about members, full days, people she likes... It's honestly starting to get really annoying.

I'm not interested in the things she's talking about at all. In fact, I can barely understand what she's trying to say, partially because I'm not even focused on figuring out her cryptic words.

They go in one ear and out the other as I work at the register. Soon, I'm able to block them out, although I can't block out the fact that she isn't doing her job right.

Haeyoung is supposed to be preparing drinks after I take orders, but she's too busy rambling about random pointless things. I can tell that my other coworker is struggling to uphold the orders all on her own.

I need to take things into my own hands.

"Haeyoung, can you please focus on work and talk about this later?" I ask without looking up from the register.

I hear an angry sigh from her as she stomps her way over. "Okay Yeona, whatever you say."

"Yeah, I'd appreciate it if you could help your coworkers and actually do your job right," I add, keeping my cool.

She huffs, aggressively grabbing a cup and starting to prepare a drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

how we feelin about haeyoung?-

Thanks for reading!