Chapter 60

Ten's POV

"Here we are," I announce, parking our car. I've stopped us in front of a mall with a lot of stores that I like, because well, there's nothing better to do with your girlfriend than to go spend a ton of money in a mall... Yeah, Yeona's not gonna be a fan of the spending, but she needs to learn.

A few minutes after parking the car, we're inside the mall, which is bustling with people. It puts a smile on my face, and a nervous look on Yeona's.

"So, yes, we're shopping," I announce, taking her hand and pulling her towards the escalator so we can get to the second floor, where the good shops are.

She follows me, although slightly reluctant. "Wait, are you sure you're not going to get recognized by a fan or something? I mean, you're sort of an idol, right?"

I shake my head. "We're going to be fine. And they have to find out sooner or later, right? Plus, I'm wearing a mask and we're going to be careful. Not like they haven't had the bombs dropped on them before."

"Okay then..." Yeona responds as we continue walking towards the second floor. Soon we're in the elevator, and I'm noticing that she's more relaxed.

"Wait, are you being nervous in public?"
"Hm? What do you mean?"
"You know, around people?"
"Uh... No?"
"Okay, you are. I mean, we don't have to-"
"Nah, it's alright. I sorta wanna try new things."
"And also I'm here with you."
"That was cheesy, but okay."

With a laugh, we exit the elevator. I spot a store a short distance away from us, then start walking in that direction. "Wait, we should go there."

"Sure, why not," Yeona responds, following me into the store. "Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing, so I'm just going to, you know, follow you."

"Good idea," I respond. "Oh wait, I like this shirt."

Yeona nods with approval. "You have good taste. But like, check the price."

I roll my eyes at her, then find the tag and show it to her. I watch as her eyes dilate, and then she pushes it back towards me. "Wow, I could buy a whole outfit with that amount of money, but uh... you do you, I guess."

"Exactly. It's not even that bad," I respond, slinging the shirt over my arm. I hear a sigh from behind me, and then she catches up with me.

The rest of our time in clothing stores is spent in about the same manner. Me finding a cool item of clothing, Yeona making me check the price, and then us disagreeing over whether or not I should buy it. Obviously, I always win.

An hour or two later, I have a lot of clothing. I even managed to convince Yeona to let me buy her some stuff, since it would be pretty rude of me to make her follow me around without getting her anything, even if she tried to tell me it was too expensive.

"Wait, pet shop!" she suddenly exclaims as we're wandering around. I look to my right and see the shop that she's excitedly pointing at.

"Alright, let's go," I decide, holding the door open for her and following her into the shop.

It's fun watching her shop in here, looking at the different cat toys and cat treats, as well as things like food or brushes. Obviously, Yeona loves Luna and wants the best for her.

We leave the shop with a bag of random toys, multiple bags of cat treats, three matching cat beds for Louis, Leon, and Luna. They'd better be thankful.

"Let's stop for lunch," I suggest, pointing to a sushi restaurant on the map of the mall. Yeona agrees, so with smiles on our faces, we head over to eat.

The meal is filled with comfortable conversation and happy eating. Of course, like the gentleman I am, I pay for the meal before we head back to the parking lot. We've timed the trip perfectly, so that we've spent exactly three hours inside the mall.

With a smile, I start the car so we can go pick up the kids. I mean, the cats. "Well, that was a successful first date if you ask me," I remark with a satisfied smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

are you a ten or a yeona 👀

Thanks for reading!