Chapter 43

Yeona's POV

Here we go. This is the biggest "project" I've done in a while, mostly because it involves tricking a decently clever person into going somewhere else.

And the most important one, too, considering that it has to do with saving K-pop idols from crazy fans because their company won't do anything. Funny thing is, I'm really not doing it because they're idols, but more because we're friends and it's a nice thing to do.

Our best bet is really just to redirect her and get her fired from the café. Double security, even if it's possible that she'll still return.

"Alright, now we just need to elaborate and then put the plan into action," Chunmei announces. "So, details first. How do we direct her in the wrong direction?"

I think for a moment, the gears in my brain spinning. "I mean, she's at a café. I don't know how she got there, but I think that we might be able to trick her into thinking that she's at the wrong one."

Ten nods. "Wait, that's actually really smart. I know that we're ditching her onto other people, but chances are, they're going to get fed up with her and fire her. Then she'll probably settle in somewhere around the area and spend her whole life staring out the window in hopes that we'll walk by."

We burst into laughter at his words. I can't help but imagine Haeyoung staring out the window as an old lady, not giving up her mission until the day she dies.

"The question is, how do we make this believable?" I ask, before an idea occurs to me. "Wait... would it work if I acted like a stalker, too?"

Ten gives me a look. "I mean... it's a good idea, but are you alright with doing that?"

"It's the easiest way to go about this. Strike up a conversation about WayV with her, show her some picture on my phone of you guys at a different café, and then tell her where the café is," I elaborate.

"You're an intellectual," Chunmei says, her voice filled with wonder. "And here I was, thinking you were a book-by-book type of person-"

I laugh, actually able to tell that she's joking. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

"And then to ensure that she doesn't return to this café, we get her fired. And so that the rest of your coworkers get the satisfaction of telling her off," Ten finishes.

We simultaneously nod at one another, making me laugh. It's funny, the way I've become more comfortable around actual people throughout these past few days. Like, I'm literally talking and suggesting ideas. Maybe I'm still the best with Ten, but I'm liking the change from my boring life.

"When are we putting this into action?" Yangyang asks, jumping up and down with excitement. I smile, not even surprised by his energy at this point.

"The sooner the better?" I ask uncertainly. I need to look into K-pop idols and stalkers a little bit after this, but I think I know enough for now, at least enough for our plan.

Chunmei nods. "Yes, the sooner the better. So to sum things up, Yeona is going to pretend to be a stalker. She'll show Haeyoung a picture of us at a different café while simultaneously getting her fired from the current one, so that Haeyoung thinks she was at the wrong café all along and relocates to the other one. Let's get it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the amount of times I typed Tae instead of Ten- 🤡

Thanks for reading!