Chapter 45

Yeona's POV

Everything about what's happening right now is so unbelievable. I'm at my apartment with a picture of a kpop boy group and their manager, about to use it to save them from a crazy stalker who also happens to be my coworker.

I never would have expected that this would happen to me, but now that it has, I'm not even complaining. This whole operation to get rid of Haeyoung is much more exciting than I expected it to be.

As of right now, my task is to pretend to be a stalker. I'll strike up a conversation with her about WayV to show her the picture, then somehow get her fired on the same day...

Honestly, I think that day is today. The sooner I get this done, the better.

The first part of the mission is decently simple. All I have to do is wait for her to ask someone the question, then walk up to her and ask if she's talking about WayV. Ten told me people like her were called "sasaengs". I have no idea how they act, but I'll just try to be like one.

The thing that makes this difficult is that I've been shutting her down all week. That makes my claim of being a "sasaeng" hard to believe, but I think I can make it work.

Now the second part, getting her fired, is much more simple. I know for a fact that all of my coworkers have beef with Haeyoung, mostly because of how loud and lazy she is. They've been talking about getting rid of her, and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty sure I'm the most enthusiastic about it.

Because it's the end of the week, the manager of the café is visiting today. All I need to do is convince my coworkers to back me up, and then we can get her fired.

Let's get it.

~Time Skip~

I approach the café, my heart hammering in my chest. It stresses me a little that both WayV and my coworkers are depending on me to do this, maybe even our customers, but I think I can get it done.

I approach the door of the café, my fingers nervously tapping on the screen of my phone inside my pocket. Luckily for me, another customer is entering right in front of me, prompting Haeyoung to ask her question. 

"Hey, have you seen a group of seven Chinese boys with great fashion sense wearing masks around here?" she asks in that annoying voice of hers.

The customer shakes her head, then walks up to the counter to make her order. With a deep breath, I approach Haeyoung. She probably thinks I'm going to scold her and make her get to work, but that's not what I'm doing today.

"Uh... This is probably a weird question, but are you talking about WayV?" I ask, forcing a smile onto my face.

She turns towards me, looking surprised. "Yeah, Yeona... Have you seen them around here?" It's like all of her hatred towards me has been completely dropped, now that I could possibly be a part of her master plan to find WayV.

With a small nod, I pull my phone out of my pocket, cringing at my own words. "Yes, I've seen them in this café recently... Look, I've got this picture of them."

Her reaction to the photo only makes me more certain that she's a real sasaeng, as if it wasn't clear enough before. With bright eyes, she asks, "Where is this café, bestie?"

"Uh, here, I have the directions written down somewhere," I respond, pulling a piece of paper out of my pocket and handing it to her, trying not to wrinkle my nose at the name she called me. By now, my fake smile is making my face hurt.

I can tell that Haeyoung is trying not to look too excited, when in reality, this is probably the most important discovery she's made all week. Hopefully, this is enough to make her switch areas.

"Can I take this? I'm just, uh, interested," she explains. With a nod from me, she carefully folds the piece of paper and slips it into her pocket.

Now all we need to do is get her fired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wow so gullible

also random poll: haerat or ratyoung?-

Thanks for reading!