Chapter 29

Yeona's POV

Well, I'm really inside Tae's apartment now. It's a really nice place, and also seems very... well... energy packed? Exciting? Slightly loud? Okay, his friends may be a little tiny bit weird, but it's a good kind of weird.

Anyways, the apartment is pretty full of people. I mean, they're obviously nice people, I just didn't exactly expect for there to be so many of them. And there are a lot of animals, too, including Louis, Leon, and their dog. I think I was right about Tae living an interesting life.

Obviously, along with the presence of people, comes my social awkwardness. I feel like it isn't too bad as it usually is, although that might just be me. I'm sure that I'll get used to them, although I think I'm still the most comfortable talking to Tae.

I did debate over coming here in the first place, but decided that the interaction with Tae was worth it. I also assumed that his friends would be pretty cool, and I was right.

In other words, I'm pretty far out of my comfort zone, but it's okay.

Luckily, Tae is either super observant or shares a braincell with me, because he suggests heading to his room. He's also obviously used to all the chaos, because as his friends are protesting over his suggestion, he tells me to just ignore them.

"So, this is my room," he announces, dramatically throwing the door to his room open.

"Wow, I like it a lot," I remark. How am I supposed to react to this again? It's a really nice place, and Tae obviously has good taste in decoration too. "It's interesting to see the room with the window that Luna is always staring at."

He laughs. "Yeah, I thought the same thing when I went to your apartment. Louis, Leon, and Luna are obviously getting along very well... Wow, that was fun to say."

I watch as Luna timidly explores the room, followed by Louis and Leon. I have no idea if they're communicating right now, but it seems like she's having a good time. "Yeah, the tripe L names."

"Anyways, do you want to see my cat treat collection?" Tae asks. I nod, following him over to a drawer. 

He opens the drawer to reveal bags upon bags of cat treats, all different brands and flavors. It looks like they barely fit inside the drawer. My small collection of cat treats seems tiny in comparison to this one. Either Tae is somehow rich from whatever his career is, or he cares about his cats a lot and wants to give them the best. Or maybe a combination of both.

My eyes widen a little at the collection. "Wow, you have a lot of cat treats." 

He nods proudly, moving a few bags aside and selecting a blue bag of treats. "Yeah. And before you ask, no, these are not making Louis and Leon fat, they're only big. Does Luna want some?"

"Sure," I respond with a laugh. It seems that Luna has smelled the treats through the packaging, because she's staring up at the open drawer as if she wants to devour everything inside it.

"She's a fan of the chicken, right?" Tae asks. I nod, a little surprised that he remembered my little comment from two days ago.

We seat ourselves down on the floor. Luna seems to know exactly what to do, because she seats herself in front of us with her paw in the air. Tae turns towards me, impressed. "Wait, how did she learn it so quickly?"

I shrug, also surprised. "She's never done this before. Maybe she's really excited about the new treats or something."

"Maybe," Tae responds, holding his hand out and allowing my cat to place her paw on it. As soon as the treat is within her reach, she lunges for it, then licks Tae's hand clean.

"Well, I think it really did have something to do with the treats," I remark, watching as she starts nudging his hand for more, purring the whole time.

He laughs. "Yeah. Or maybe she just likes me more than you."

"Yeah, I don't think so," I respond, unable to stop a smile from appearing on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

someone tell me why I'm feeling like a proud mom over a fictional character getting out of their comfort zone-

Thanks for reading!