Chapter 32

Ten's POV

Of course WayV is here. I thought I heard shuffling earlier, but there are so many noises around here that I completely disregarded them. So they've been eavesdropping the whole time... I'm just surprised that I somehow forgot to predict that this would happen.

I mean, I guess it's not too big of a deal, since we've really just been talking about our cats and training them. Sure, they probably heard my joke about trading pets or living together, but it's all good.

I'm more concerned about what Yeona thinks. It probably isn't every day that you go to a house to hang out with someone and meet seven of their friends who happen to be extremely chaotic and a little bit nosy.

Thankfully, Kun is out to save the day. Or, at least salvage what is left of our pride. He's here to use the only braincell in the group, and to use it normally. "Nice to meet you, Yeona."

She looks around the group for a second, then responds, "Hey, uh... Tae's friend?"

"You can call me Kai," Kun tells her without even missing a beat. The speed at which this man's brain works is amazing.

Unfortunately, his statement is immediately followed by introductions from the rest of the group, except for Chunmei, whose name is unknown to the general public. 

Although WayV isn't showing it much, they're definitely having fun coming up with fake names for themselves.  It's like a second nature to them. If Yeona had any idea who we were, she would have shown by now, and I'm sure WayV knows that.

"Call me YoungYoung!"
"I'm Luke!"
"My name is Dongkei!"
"And I'm just DJ!"
"Yes, and you can call me Wonwon."
"Hi Yeona! I'm Chunmei, the only girl here. And the only normal and sane one."
"Hey, that's not true-"

"Nice to meet you all," Yeona responds. I'm surprised by how well she's going with the flow, especially after being asked to call the members such interesting and out of the ordinary names.

At this point, I don't even know what her first impression of my friends has turned into. I mean, she might as well get to genuinely know how my life is, so I'll let it happen.

"So, you and Te- Tae were training the cats?" Yangyang asks, almost slipping up and accidentally exposing my new name. It probably wouldn't be too big of a deal, but still, that was a close one.

Yeona looks at me, as if asking for me to answer. "Yeah, we were teaching Luna new tricks. The question is, what were you all doing outside the door?"

Now the rest of the group shares a look. Hendery shrugs, then responds, "I mean, it's pretty obvious. We were eavesdropping."

"Wow, so shameless," I mutter, earning a small laugh from Yeona.

"Anyways, it's nice to meet you, Yeona," Chunmei says, stepping forwards. "It's nice to see another sane person in this household. And I'm sure Louis and Leon are enjoying the new company as well."

Yeona gives me another look, probably awkwardly trying to think of an answer. It gives me a special sense of satisfaction knowing that she's the most comfortable talking to me. She finally nods and responds, "Nice to meet you too. I'm not really that social, so..."

Chunmei laughs. "You're fine. All the people here are quite out of the ordinary, anyways."

Our guest nods, suddenly checking the time. "Actually, I think it's time for me to go so I can have lunch and get to my job on time. It was nice meeting you all, though."

WayV looks slightly disappointed. Yet I know we're all thinking the same thing: There are definitely going to be more opportunities for us to hang out later on.

"Yeah, it was nice meeting you too. You're welcome to visit any time," Kun replies as I pick up Luna. The rest of the group shows Yeona to the door while I gently place Luna back in her crate.

With that, we exchange our last goodbyes. Yeona waves one last time and leaves the dorm, leaving me to think over the whole thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the struggle I went through to come up with those fake names-

Thanks for reading!